Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to work on away to keep my Bullitt cool between runs at the track. I have an idea for cooling it down other then the bag of ice on the intake.
Eventually I will install after market gauges.For right now i'm working with the stock gauge for the temp.
My question is: When my engine is VERY HOT the needle is straight up.Does anyone know the engine temp when straight up and the temps on the gauge working back down to the cooles point on the gauge?
I know the stock gauge is not very accurate but for right now i'm work on a cool down method.

Thanks

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
That is about right. I checked the fan turn-on temp,and it is 210F. Maybe you need a manual fan switch. I know that when yuo let it sit,to cool down,the intake absorbs heat and gets hotter. Takes forever to cool down.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! If possible I'm thinking about using a VDO gauge with alligator clips so i can work on my cool down in the pitts.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Straight up is probably around 200*F. I turn on my AC right until I stage because that turns on the fan. But I've never noticed a visible drop in engine temp. Still, it may make a small difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts