Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you may know (have heard) AT&T and @home cut every single customer loose sometime yesterday. Total network outage with no eta for repair, reconnect, whatever.. Just left everyone with their cheese in the wind with no warning. AT&T uses Excite! @home for thier network connectivity and they (excite) filed for chapter 11. AT&T told everyone that their should be no service disruption as tehy were putting their own network in place should they not be able to purchase Excite.. Well they killed us. So.. I can only check up from time to time with this crappy backdoor dial-up I've "aquired" until I can get my service restored. From what I am hearing so far.. the only way I may be able to restore my connection is to find another service provider. :sad:
So.. until then.. I'll check in from time to time and try to check my e-mail.. which is now [email protected] until further notice. So.. take care all and I hope to be back on soon!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well I hate to say it but AT&T bluffed @home and @home stuck it in their a$$. I have @home through Comcast and as of now I am still online. That will probably change soon enough though. I hate to say it, but we have AT&T to blame for this mess for driving the price of @home's network down. @home wasn't going to stand for it and I don't blame them one bit. Thanks AT&T, we all appreciate it greatly. :roll:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Same thing happenned with me, Blakwing. I went to ATT's website and they are talking like maybe 7 days without service and 2 days credit for every ONE day we are without service (if you choose to stay with them).
I am using Net Zero for a dial-up and [email protected] for my email.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That Sucks. I was going to get that at home. I guess I'll stick with the dial up until i can find a provider in my neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well this does indeed suck. I thought that AT&T was looking to buy @home from excite? Ah well.. it matters not.
As for DSL.. yep I have access to every type of broadband available only 1 small detail though. When I had DSL I ended up having to remove 20ft of phone line from my house wiring in ordr to get a signal @ my computer. I was at then complete Ass end of the DSL chain. 18,754 ft out. 316k up and down.. It kinda blew for gaming and the like especially my program transfers. No one will garauntee me more than 128k up and 56k down at this time. Sucks to be me. :smile: Now I've just gotta talk the wife into letting me have the T1. Mwaaaaaa hahahahahahaha...

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-02 13:15, Blakwing wrote:
Now I've just gotta talk the wife into letting me have the T1. Mwaaaaaa hahahahahahaha... </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I think you better get busy getting the little woman in the right frame of mind.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Was called by AT&T yesterday. We should be back on line with the Cable Modem in 2 to 14 days. They are also giving us 2 free days for every day down. I keep my old dialup because I have 80 megs of WEB Space and host a local AutoCAD User Group there, so I'm crusing at about 46k right now<Grin>.

I used to sing "Give me back my Bullitt" but now I sing Give me back my Cable Modem<G>.

Hang in there, we will be back soon and I hear maybe even FASTER!

Bud

·
Registered
596 Posts
I guess I was lucky. Saturday when I got on line instead of @home a setup screen came up and told me to load ATTBI setup (or something like that). Clicked on the link and I was reloaded and running after minor tweaks to Outlook and Explorer. Instead of @home.com my new extension is @attbi.com. I take it not all ATT customers got this service. That sux. Man I don't think I could take dial up after using cable. I feel for you and hope you all get back to speed again soon. You could always do what I do when I get bummed..... go burn rubber in the Bullitt!!!! and then have a beer when you get back. Works for me, but I will pay the piper when the Bullitt needs new shoes. That's gonna hurt.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Nope, it sounds like only about 10% was able to be migrated. The rest of us will take around 14 days. Also were told to expect some possible problems during the migration. The one thing that bothers me the most is that I have to break in a NEW eMAIL address;-(...

At least in the office I have T3 access;-)...

Take care.

Bud on that S L O W D I A L U P M O D E M ! ! !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts