Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read this thread posted on The Mustang Source forums.

·
Premium Member
18,430 Posts
If I understand this test correctly, the 10-12 hp gain at the wheels would be a conservative increase estimate by Ford of the additional engine output at the flywheel. In reality, depending on the engine the new Bullitt is actually putting out more hp than advertised. And it could be even more with a just a custom tune? Did I read that right, or am I reading too much into his posted test? I know the test was perfromed on a couple GT cars. Just trying to establish what it could mean performance wise for the 08 Bullitt. It all reads well and sounds good, IMHO either way.:cool:

·
Registered
66 Posts
new hood liner not included in test

Just a note - this test session doesn't appear to include the new for 2008.5 hood liner that makes the seal to the air filter tray. Without the new hood liner, you will not get the full seal and that will make a significant difference in real street performance, as well as the peak power. The good news for anyone buying a 2008.5 or later Mustang (V6 or GT) is that they will have the Bullitt hoodliner on there car.

Interesting post, though. Happy New Year!

·
Premium Member
18,430 Posts
That's what I was thinking. Must be the seal for the hood to "air intake tunnel" keeping the hot air out or smoothing the flow?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts