Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read the main page's entry, I have new insight into all the rumors. Why Ford choose to stay with the 4.6, ride, everything. Including the fate of those 20 Highland Green Machines and the now infamous "Red Bullitt". Was that it on the back of a trailer shown in Popular Mechanics? I think so...

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
installermarc said:
Having read the main page's entry, I have new insight into all the rumors. Why Ford choose to stay with the 4.6, ride, everything. Including the fate of those 20 Highland Green Machines and the now infamous "Red Bullitt". Was that it on the back of a trailer shown in Popular Mechanics? I think so...
Thanks! Yes that is the same car. It was photographed in AZ. So they could have been running around Detroit for months and no one would have gave it a second look. The only tell tale signs were the faux gas cap and the grill. The GT emblems were left on the red car to further hide it.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiding in plain sight. Really cool.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
:clap:

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
It must be kinda fun for those guys to disguise a car and drive around with it. You know there are plenty of people trying to spy on it- how many times might they have seen it and never knew?

Thanks for the excellent write ups Greg- you've really given us some good insights into the car and allowed many of us to make a much more informed decision about buying it.

·
Administrator
6,219 Posts
Great job, Greg!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts