Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to sit here with my father in law and listen to him talk about how great he is. He looks down his nose at me in MY house. He wants to hang around this afternoon to watch football, oh joy, I wish his a$$ would just go home. I hate this, why do we put ourselves through this at the holidays? Am I the only one with company visiting that you just wish would go away?

Jared

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
At some time most of us have to put up with people around us. Sometimes we must tolerate others for the sake of others. Just act nice and it will be over in a few hours. He is part of the family and remember today and everyday is a day to be thankful for our family and friends.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is one family member i am not thankful for. he tells me all about his cars he bought from barrett jackson in wes palm beach, and his fancy austin healey Sprite, and how its worth $50k (NOT) and how he is going to race it in the HClass next year at the SCCA runoffs, and I am thinking SHUT THE FU#* UP!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
If I could put up with a father-in-law for a weekend that was a child abuser that raped his stepson and molested my wife when she was younger you should be (or have been) able to deal with this idiot for a few hours.

This was several years ago. Today was quite peacefull, to be honest with you.

It could always be worse. :grin:

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
I hope he at least brought the beer

·
Registered
73 Posts
Gee after reading this tread,I feel like going over to MY mother in laws and giving her a big 'ol smooch!She is a great lady,and even greater grandmother to my children.Im sorry you werent blessed as I have been.Try to have a Happy Thanksgiving,my American friends!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chrisW said:
I hope he at least brought the beer
Yeah right, not when it is family, I know others may have it worse, but hey, I am here and listening to this guy drone on and on and lie out his ass about everything he can think of. Yes he has money, but come on, there isnt a Sprite in this world worth $50k. :)

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I am permanently separated from my in-laws. I used to think this was some flaw in my character:question: :rolleyes: :badgrin: , maybe, maybe not...

I most certainly counted my blessings this Thanksgiving.:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
no one should HAVE to put up with anyone, family memeber or not , that is abusive in ANY way ( mental , physical or emotional )
don't have them over and don't go over...... lifes too short

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The only in law I don't get a long with is one of my sister in laws that my wife was silly enough to co-sign a $10,000 loan. She swore to God she'd never, ever stick us with the loam. Of course she never made a payment and we had to pay off the loan. Now I don't associate with her or her husband and my wife doesn't have too much to do with them. In fact pretty much none of my in laws like them. It's almost worth the loss to get rid of them anyways.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
"And this too shall pass" (HOPEFULLY)

We are fortunate that the entire family (wife's side, my side) gets along. I remember working during the holidays when I was a cop...holy smokes, the radio runs that I would go to regarding family disputes during the holidays was AMAZING. It was like having a front row seat at a WWF fandango...and then I got to be the referee. I put alot of people in time out. :nerd:

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Cochese said:
"And this too shall pass" (HOPEFULLY)

We are fortunate that the entire family (wife's side, my side) gets along. I remember working during the holidays when I was a cop...holy smokes, the radio runs that I would go to regarding family disputes during the holidays was AMAZING. It was like having a front row seat at a WWF fandango...and then I got to be the referee. I put alot of people in time out. :nerd:

Same...here...Collin..our Family Thanksgiving GTG was really good...not many of us left...so...just a small Family gathering...Mary Ann..aka...Smiles-A-Lot...prepared a great meal!..i helped a little....

I think it takes a special person to be a Policeman these days!!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Anyone see the comdian Jim Gaffigan? He said something about T-Giving. "Hey, let's start a holiday where we get together with everyone we hate and eat turkey"

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Toomstone said:
Anyone see the comdian Jim Gaffigan? He said something about T-Giving. "Hey, let's start a holiday where we get together with everyone we hate and eat turkey"
Thats exactly what I already do!!!

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Jared, what specifically does the father-in-law do to cause such discontentions?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
he is a lying SOB that was also sitting here talking about he would have rather have gone to his favorite restraunt with just his wife, and that the food was "ok".

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Through our lives we are in situations we do not want to be in. Whether it be at work, at play or at home. We are around others we do not agree with, have nothing in common with and do not care much about. There are those that are never satisified with anything, are always trying to impress, and those that think they are a step above others. When I have been in those situations I always try to let their actions or words slide off my back. Someone in the family loves this person and I have to respect their feelings and supress mine. I realize my feelings are not very important in these situations, but other people's feelings are much more important that mine at these times. When all is said and done you are a better person and it shows that you have tolerance for others, I am sure some others attending dinner feel as you do. But by keeping your cool you did show class to someone who has very little. It is better to keep your butt covered than show it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts