Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this hidden over at Bullitthead Chat. But I thought I would throw it up over here as well. In about 2 weeks I am going to take off that intake (possibly) and show it to the fine honing folk over at Van Senus. Since there is a good set of base numbers out and about these boards on the Bullitt I am not going to have mine dynoed til after the mod. But does anyone know, or can they find out, what I can expect as far as baffles and restrictions when I lift the intake off?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ohhhh.....the ol' Extrude Hone setup.

This should give you some great power! I had it done on my 95 z28 and I picked up about 8-10 HP on it. Nice and smooth!

Paul G.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
i priced it in my town and the average cost to do that plus pocket porting my heads was 450.00 providing of course that i remove all the stuff and bring it to them

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a Ford mechanic buddy....so I was gonna have him help me with all this but I was actually gonna have my heads ported and polished....5 angle valve job....and do the intake all at the same time. Oughta be a nice kick in the pants. I would definately dyno to show all you folks what the difference is.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Cool!

I had a 3 angle valve job done many years ago on my 79 Stang (which had an 89 motor) and it worked very well!

Should be a good kick in the pants!
Have fun!

Paul G.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Lok, i posted on this about 4 weeks ago. met two racers from detroit who have VERY strong ties to Ford Racing( the Shepards: if you have the new 2001 Ford Racing catalog Barry's red Cobra is on the cover and Barry & Roxanne's(tweety!) cars are also shown inside on the 2 pages of "cars that win with Ford Racing". Paul Svinicki's car is in there too and he does the best custom chip tuning around the tracks = Paul's High Performance)
anyway, barry sheppard ran our Bullitt's intake, runners, and injection 2 summers ago and stated that our cars are capable of MUCH more than Ford has given to the production model. restrictions were necesary due to emmissions and CAFE fuel economy requirements! he knew more about our engine than anyone i've talked to yet.
his suggestions were to try and limit mods to this car as it will be a car that we treasure and enjoy for years.
mods to make:
have entire intake system extruded and honed BUT wait till you have 3000 to 4000 break-in miles. we will be VERY happy i was told.
unrestrict the airflow to the intake (good cold air induction)
get a custom chip "burned" for YOUR vehicle. do NOT get an "off the shelf" chip. every vehicle is different and it really will make a difference!!!
phwew!!!!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-06-15 10:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks for the info Mystang!

·
Registered
50 Posts
For one peabrain, could you explain what having the heads ported and polished means, and how it improves hp. Also does anyone have a recommendation on quality place to get custom chip burned. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
By polishing the intake and heads what you are doing is removing all the imperfections and bumps put into them by the casting process. If you looked into your intake you'd see all kinds of little bumps 'n stuff which impede airflow and disturb the air current going through. When you polish it what it does is smooth all that stuff out and give you a nice even and very smooth tube for your car to breath through. It improves the airflow and gives you better perfromance. I'm sure there's a bit more to it than just that.. Math equations and ratios and other tehchnical stuff but that's the basic lowdown.

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-06-20 00:08 ]</font>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts