Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey-I've not noticed our new car smell as much lately. Maybe we're just used to it by now or is it fadinggggg away! :sad: I thought it was because we had the sheepskin seat covers on but we took them off for the summer (as we're going to put her in a couple of local shows) and that wasn't the case. :cry:

Vicki

·
Registered
509 Posts
Have you been driving with the windows down much? Driving with the windows down is one of the quickest ways to elininate the "new car smell". On a hot sunny day, park in the sun with windows rolled up and leave it for a couple of hours. Whatever new car scent you have will probably come back!

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,622 Posts
My '08 still smells new, and if it ever runs out, all I have to do is remove the "protective plastic" from the floor and it will come back. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
"New Car Smell"

I'm gonna have to DIG REAL DEEP in my memory banks to remember what you're talking about :rotfl: :)

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jimbob said:
My '08 still smells new, and if it ever runs out, all I have to do is remove the "protective plastic" from the floor and it will come back. :wink:
Jim, don't tell me you're one of those people that leave plastic wrap on their new furniture and lamp shades to keep them new looking. :wink:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Jimbob said:

Heck I'll bet Jim still buy's plastic covers from Fingerhut for the seats in the car and chairs and sofa's in the house. Just hope he doesn't get a Fingerhut toilet seat cover. :tongue:

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
Hey-I've not noticed our new car smell as much lately. Maybe we're just used to it by now or is it fadinggggg away! :sad: I thought it was because we had the sheepskin seat covers on but we took them off for the summer (as we're going to put her in a couple of local shows) and that wasn't the case. :cry:

Vicki
I had a can of car air freshner in an unusual scent.
Not the usual, pine or flowers but it was Old English Leather !
Makes a car smell like a classic Jag. It is long empty now and no longer available
but I keep looking just in case I find one.

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
ya, just like anything else, you keep trying to get that new car smell back in all sorts of things, but guaranteed once we put our grubby paws on it, it just turns all funky...

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Mine smells like gas, exhaust, transmission fluid, oil, and leather conditioner. LOL!!! I don't think there'll be any gettin' that new car smell back with mine!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts