Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey-I've not noticed our new car smell as much lately. Maybe we're just used to it by now or is it fadinggggg away! :sad: I thought it was because we had the sheepskin seat covers on but we took them off for the summer (as we're going to put her in a couple of local shows) and that wasn't the case. :cry:

Vicki

·
Registered
509 Posts
Have you been driving with the windows down much? Driving with the windows down is one of the quickest ways to elininate the "new car smell". On a hot sunny day, park in the sun with windows rolled up and leave it for a couple of hours. Whatever new car scent you have will probably come back!

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,636 Posts
My '08 still smells new, and if it ever runs out, all I have to do is remove the "protective plastic" from the floor and it will come back. :wink:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jimbob said:
My '08 still smells new, and if it ever runs out, all I have to do is remove the "protective plastic" from the floor and it will come back. :wink:
Jim, don't tell me you're one of those people that leave plastic wrap on their new furniture and lamp shades to keep them new looking. :wink:

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Jimbob said:

Heck I'll bet Jim still buy's plastic covers from Fingerhut for the seats in the car and chairs and sofa's in the house. Just hope he doesn't get a Fingerhut toilet seat cover. :tongue:

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
Hey-I've not noticed our new car smell as much lately. Maybe we're just used to it by now or is it fadinggggg away! :sad: I thought it was because we had the sheepskin seat covers on but we took them off for the summer (as we're going to put her in a couple of local shows) and that wasn't the case. :cry:

Vicki
I had a can of car air freshner in an unusual scent.
Not the usual, pine or flowers but it was Old English Leather !
Makes a car smell like a classic Jag. It is long empty now and no longer available
but I keep looking just in case I find one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts