Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Bullitt 4256 is DARK Highland Green. Earlier today under bright overcast skies, it looked Teal. Later, around 6:00 P.M. while doing a little polishing under fading light, it looked Black. How many people have a Black Bullitt that changes color?

The car growls, it travels on the street like it owns it. It’s stealthy, so simple and yet the most elegant. It’s the best car I’ve ever owned, the best car I’ve ever driven, the best car I’ve ever been in.

I’m so glad I own a Bullitt. Can’t believe I own a Bullitt. I really got myself a Bullitt. No disappointment. It's beautiful, stout, and powerful. So why change it?

The Bullitt: It travels at the speed of sound. So today I love my Bullitt the way it is. Its birth marks I will learn to love. I'll know them anywhere. The power response from its stock throttle is its sign of character. Know Ye all, this Dark Highland Green Bullitt is faster and its special paint is magical. Today my 2008 Bullitt is very special as is. Brings me back to my '73 MACH 1. Ford hit a home run.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I am VERY happy that you love your Bullitt!
Life is good when you know what you want , and you know you have it.
I am in the same boat as you, I am happy too!
As far as the Black color goes, some times my car looks Black ,and then other times It looks REALY Black. It is hard to describe:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlackPony, God bless. I must confess. There is another Bullitt around here, Black. Saw it today in Cental area, USMA West Point. Makes me rubber neck ever time I see it! Isn't it great? What a car!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I hear you LOUD & CLEAR!

Re: the DHG - yes its a chameleon. Sometimes it looks black, usually it looks very dark green. Yesterday, the sun crept through clouds, and in the direct sunlight my B looked just like the Movie Car Highland Green as SMQ is just leaving from the parking lot!

·
Registered
154 Posts
JP390 said:
My Bullitt 4256 is DARK Highland Green. Earlier today under bright overcast skies, it looked Teal. Later, around 6:00 P.M. while doing a little polishing under fading light, it looked Black. How many people have a Black Bullitt that changes color?

The car growls, it travels on the street like it owns it. It’s stealthy, so simple and yet the most elegant. It’s the best car I’ve ever owned, the best car I’ve ever driven, the best car I’ve ever been in.

I’m so glad I own a Bullitt. Can’t believe I own a Bullitt. I really got myself a Bullitt. No disappointment. It's beautiful, stout, and powerful. So why change it?

The Bullitt: It travels at the speed of sound. So today I love my Bullitt the way it is. Its birth marks I will learn to love. I'll know them anywhere. The power response from its stock throttle is its sign of character. Know Ye all, this Dark Highland Green Bullitt is faster and its special paint is magical. Today my 2008 Bullitt is very special as is. Brings me back to my '73 MACH 1. Ford hit a home run.
I think you said it all. What more can anybody say about our WONDERFUL BULLITTS.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
The Bullitt is a true time machine. When shining it up, listening to the oldies on the radio, I look at the reflection on the paint, I see someone much younger with dark hair and much slimmer looking back at me. When driving the Bulliit, I feel so much younger like back in the days of the first muscle car (late 60s/early 70s).

The bad news is I tend to drive like I did back then, which will eventually get me in trouble but it is well worth it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
JackDW - 852 said:
The bad news is I tend to drive like I did back then, which will eventually get me in trouble but it is well worth it.
We had our Bullitt for about a week when my wife commented she had forgotten how I use to drive my mustang :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had my Bullitt for 13 months and had 3500 miles on it on it's birthday. It is stock except for the invisible bra, tinted windows, mud flaps and a spare tire. I STILL LOVE THIS THING!! It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I live 2 blocks from a twisty road and I enjoy tossing it through the twisties with the windows down. What a BLAST!! I am priviledged to own this thing and very pleased.

Last week I test drove a R/T Challenger 6 speed with Chip Foose wheels and a cold air intake. The Bullitt is faster and WAY lighter on it's feet. I would never trade. Enough said!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Greg L said:
I have had my Bullitt for 13 months and had 3500 miles on it on it's birthday. It is stock except for the invisible bra, tinted windows, mud flaps and a spare tire. I STILL LOVE THIS THING!! It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I live 2 blocks from a twisty road and I enjoy tossing it through the twisties with the windows down. What a BLAST!! I am priviledged to own this thing and very pleased.

Last week I test drove a R/T Challenger 6 speed with Chip Foose wheels and a cold air intake. The Bullitt is faster and WAY lighter on it's feet. I would never trade. Enough said!
Twisty road, EDH> Salmon Falls Rd. to Pilot Hill>Auburn?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
cdynaco said:
Re: the DHG - yes its a chameleon. Sometimes it looks black, usually it looks very dark green. Yesterday, the sun crept through clouds, and in the direct sunlight my B looked just like the Movie Car Highland Green as SMQ is just leaving from the parking lot!
Yesterday was the strangest... the sun was low in the sky about an hour before sunset. At this low angle, the peculiar light through the window was hitting the front of the B in the garage. Only the 1" leading edge of the hood looked HG. The rest of the hood, roof and car looked black. But the interior seats looked deep green through the windshield (from the reflection off the hood) instead of charcoal. I didn't bother with a camera because I didn't think the subtleties would show up. Chameleon for sure!

·
Registered
54 Posts
See our black one's don't have to try to be any other color.... They know black is were it's at :-D :bigguns: :rotfl:

No matter which shade we have they're are all a blast and wouldn't have it other way !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts