Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great time!!!!! Drag raced on Friday while Kay was pestering the Vendors for Bullitt stuff. My first run ever down the strip, REVed it up dumped the clutch layed the needle on the REV limiter snatched 2nd layed it right back on the 6000 TACH mark. Tire smoke everywhere almost made into the other lane before getting out of it, 19.156 at 85MPH..... Ok, I figure thats not the way you do that, so 2nd time I try it again (mind you I'm not JB, Ray or MUS408) 14.41 at 96.98 in the Qtr.
Thur the 1/8 I had that super charged Cobra beat, but alas friends he went by me Like I turned the engine off, for 13.71 at 111.
That was my best run, a bunch of 14.60's, for a long time I was the fastest Bullitt. In Fact I twice beat a Super Charged Saleen, Although He came back later and spanked me. I'm happy, maybe if I lose 100 pounds 1007 would be faster. Although a bunch of cars I thought would be faster, weren't.
Saturday on the show field I got to meet Fred (369) What a great guy..... Thanks for watching my stuff Fred. About 18 Bullitts were scattered though out the field. Scott Hoag and Austin Craig from Team Mustang came though and stayed about 2 hours talking to the Bullitt Family. I got Scott and Austin to sign 1007's shock towers, which started it all. Scott, I think signed everyones car. He said we'll be getting a something in the mail about our stickers, I think Fred (369) Knows more about it.
Fred got some great Photos, I also took some. Fred has computer skills so we should be seeing them soon. Fred is the keeper of all things Bullitt.
What a great trip, 1007 drove me there raced his heart out, won an Award of Excellance from MCA then drove me home. Got to meet Fred, and a bunch of Bullittheads..... We should be seeing some new people soon, everyone I spoke to about this site said they would check it out.

67 Fastback

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jimmy Ray on 2001-10-01 23:15 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Jimmy, do you have 3.73 gears -hubby wants to know. We are going to get 3.73s and BullittBill says he won't be afraid of being spanked by Cobras anymore! :smile:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No just the stock gear. That was the Super charged Cobra that ran the 13's I ran 14.41 against him. No one could get trackion.... The Owner of the Cobra was running 4:10 gears and starting in second because spinning the GO wheels bad, thats why I jumped a head of him so bad

67 Fastback

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jimmy Ray on 2001-10-02 08:29 ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts