Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering...... Ford made the 01 Bullitt Mustang GT replicating the 68' Fastback in the movie. Back in 2001 Mike, aka B-Man, started up a forum called IMBOC for all Bullitt owners/enthusiasts to talk about their cars and the movie.
Did 68' Charger enthusiasts do the same? Was there a forum for them started back then too? I guess it takes a special person to do so and Mike was it for us! (y) Why didn't Dodge produce a 68' replica in 2001 or after/also, for their enthusiasts? They must have seen how popular and sold out the 01's were back then and didn't they want to get a piece of action too?

·
Car Whisperer
20,998 Posts
...and where is the original and who wound up buying the Bullitt at Mecum? Inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...and where is the original and who wound up buying the Bullitt at Mecum? Inquiring mines want to know.
Yes, where is the original Charger? Did it get scrapped as it had a lot of dents and scrapes! Or did it actually go through the fire?

·
Premium Member
5,834 Posts
Yes, where is the original Charger? Did it get scrapped as it had a lot of dents and scrapes! Or did it actually go through the fire?
Inquiring minds want to know!!:geek:

·
Administrator
6,381 Posts
Sad to say that I've only followed the Charger story sparingly. Here's an article about what is thought to be one of two used for the filming.

You ask very good questions, Vicki. We can count ourselves fortunate that the Mustang and Steve McQueen are intertwined, resulting in Ford leveraging the emotion behind this relationship so we wound up with three different editions.

Reactions: FarmerDon
1 - 6 of 6 Posts