Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock: :shock: :shock:

While I do hate to give her away, i did need something with a little better MPG and 4 doors. Plus I havn't needed to put out one cent in order to do this transaction. For one I got the 74' for free from a lady who wanted to just get rid of it. it ran and a/c worked perfect. And so I went to a used car dealer and found a 1987 VW Golf 4 door hatchback. I've always wanted an older VW, and so they took an even trade in on it and I don't have to pay for the tag,title work, taxes or anything. :) i'll post some photos up of it once i go and pick it up today.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

While I do hate to give her away, i did need something with a little better MPG and 4 doors. Plus I havn't needed to put out one cent in order to do this transaction. For one I got the 74' for free from a lady who wanted to just get rid of it. it ran and a/c worked perfect. And so I went to a used car dealer and found a 1987 VW Golf 4 door hatchback. I've always wanted an older VW, and so they took an even trade in on it and I don't have to pay for the tag,title work, taxes or anything. :) i'll post some photos up of it once i go and pick it up today.
The VDub should be cheap transportation for you. My daily ride is a 2001 Mazda 626. I hate it but it is cheap to run and reliable and that's all that matters to me for daily transportation....:cool:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MaineBullitt said:
The VDub should be cheap transportation for you. My daily ride is a 2001 Mazda 626. I hate it but it is cheap to run and reliable and that's all that matters to me for daily transportation....:cool:
at 36 MPG you cant complain. ill still have the 1633 for weekend driving and what not.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I drive a beater as well. My beater is a 2001 Chevy Cavalier that I paid $1,500 for about a year ago, from a coworker, who was the original owner. It had 116K miles, but has been super reliable. It gets 28-30 MPG on the road, and I don't have to wash it! Bullitt 4204 sits high and dry with 13K miles in the garage.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bullitt4204 said:
I drive a beater as well. My beater is a 2001 Chevy Cavalier that I paid $1,500 for about a year ago, from a coworker, who was the original owner. It had 116K miles, but has been super reliable. It gets 28-30 MPG on the road, and I don't have to wash it! Bullitt 4204 sits high and dry with 13K miles in the garage.
Thats what I've been trying to do with 1633, im going to get her a nice cover and keep the miles down.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Congrats on the trade.....Free cars are always nice because there FREE!!!!!!!!My daily driver is a 1998.5 Contour SVT.....Bought it from my brother who was the original owner....I drive round trip everyday 80 miles, all freeway and get about 25-26mpg, but gotta use premium fuel.....I'll drive it till it dies.....Has 113k on it now......

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pronkie1 said:
Congrats on the trade.....Free cars are always nice because there FREE!!!!!!!!My daily driver is a 1998.5 Contour SVT.....Bought it from my brother who was the original owner....I drive round trip everyday 80 miles, all freeway and get about 25-26mpg, but gotta use premium fuel.....I'll drive it till it dies.....Has 113k on it now......
yeah the was a SVT contour for sale but 1633 allready drinks plenty of premium fuel so i wanted something that used regular. and yes FREE cars are awesome.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Congrats on the trade, my 95 contour v6 5 spd gets in the mid 20s and i drive 80 miles RT each day. BTW she just rolled over 197k last nite on the way to work. Still going strong.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Tradin the IIser in on a VDub makes baby Jesus cry...

But he understands why. :)

Wish I had the money for the asking price, I've been searching for a decent IIser for some time now.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
You did good Aaron. :) We almost got our 76 MPG (4 banger) Mustang 11 for free. :( An old lady friend of the family passed away and her family was going to give it to me free and clear. Well, their neighbor lady whose grown son had been taking care of the car for 3 years by starting it every so often and changing the oil, etc. wanted it, so the family gave it to them.

About a year later, they decided they didn't want it after all and we told them we would give them $1,000 for it. We had a little body work done on it and some small missing interior pieces put back, so we put about another $1,000 into it. It had sentimental value as my first Mustang was a 74 Ghia and this old lady's husband bought this Mustang 11 for his wife because he liked mine so well......

It is going up for sale this spring....

Anyone else here have a Mustang 11 besides me now? :surprised You left me standing Aaron!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TwoStangWmn said:
You did good Aaron. :) We almost got our 76 MPG (4 banger) Mustang 11 for free. :( An old lady friend of the family passed away and her family was going to give it to me free and clear. Well, their neighbor lady whose grown son had been taking care of the car for 3 years by starting it every so often and changing the oil, etc. wanted it, so the family gave it to them.

About a year later, they decided they didn't want it after all and we told them we would give them $1,000 for it. We had a little body work done on it and some small missing interior pieces put back, so we put about another $1,000 into it. It had sentimental value as my first Mustang was a 74 Ghia and this old lady's husband bought this Mustang 11 for his wife because he liked mine so well......

It is going up for sale this spring....

Anyone else here have a Mustang 11 besides me now? :surprised You left me standing Aaron!

sorry Vicky. I'm going to try and get my hands on another 11ser one day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts