Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 2429 in the shop yesterday for new paint on the hood and bumper. Although I had painted the hood a few years ago, it was my first attempt at basecoat/clearcoat. There were some issues with fish eyes and rubbing through to remedy said fish eyes, overall I think it looked pretty good. Some areas were bothering me and the bumper actually was done with Duplicolor and the clear I used wasn't holding up. It wasn't Krylon.

I took it to a Ford dealer near where I work. The Body Shop manager is an old friend from way back, so he's giving me a good deal. I went in today to drop the scoop off and he had it ready to paint, even doing the front fenders! I'm getting a heck of a deal. The fenders had minor rock dings and some spots where the original LeBra scratched it. He should have it ready to go Thursday afternoon. I'll be paranoid as all get out driving it home. The whole city seems to be under construction, which means flying rocks everywhere! :eek:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I thought your car looked real good this past August when we were in SA. :smile:

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is the delimma of daily driving your bullitt. Mine is my dd but I get so worked up over every little rock chip or scratch. I too am about a rock chip away from having the whole thing repainted!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drive it less now. I put 34,000 on it the first two years and only about 25,000 in the last 4. I drive Jan's PT mostly, and probably will for awhile. I am possibly checking out an older Grand Marquis to use as a daily. Jan doesn't like me racking up the miles on her car, even though she can't drive it right now. I'll pick the B up tomorrow. Can't wait! :lol:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paint looks really good! I'm happy. I have to put it back together as I wanted to do some cleaning and make it easier for the body shop. I'll post pics later. I can't believe how little he charged me, but I can't divulge the actual cost. They do very good work over there at Northside Ford. I highly recommend them to anybody who lives in the area.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Funny you mention that about NS ford. My mother is the head cashier. When we meet up I will show you the crappy warranty repaint NS did to my car three years ago... Hope your buddy QCed your car personnally...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lance,

I emailed Rob (at Northside) this link. Maybe they do need to hear about bad jobs leaving the shop as well as the good ones.

I'm ready for a meet at Biffs, like this coming weekend.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts