Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been posting my Mod's as I go with my 08 Bullitt ,and I just thought of how much weight it has lost!
The difference in the OEM 2 piece driveshaft and the 1 piece aluminum driveshaft is @40 lbs
The OEM Bullitt mufflers weigh about 27 lbs each. My new Ford Racing mufflers weigh about 17 lbs each.
The difference is @ 20 lbs.
20 lbs + 40 lbs = 60 lbs:wink:
Wow, I didn't do the mod's for the weight reduction but it is a plus.
I am sure my car is faster now , but then on the other hand look who is driving it:confused:

·
Registered
249 Posts
My Bullitt is losing weight too! I've lost 15 pounds of personal body fat since March!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm considering a full size spare so I'd probably want to go the way BlackPony did to balance things out again. Not sure how much a full size wheel and tire weigh but I might check this weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I wanted to remove more weight I could remove my Shaker 1000 sub. I love my Shaker 1000 to much !
I would rather lose 40 lbs then to remove the sub

·
Registered
249 Posts
BlackPony said:
If I wanted to remove more weight I could remove my Shaker 1000 sub. I love my Shaker 1000 to much !
I would rather lose 40 lbs then to remove the sub
I'm with you! If I had the Shaker 1000 sub-woofer, I wouldn't remove it either. I do miss having a booming sub-woofer like in my previous vehicle. Wonder if one could be added easily to the Shaker 500?

·
Registered
90 Posts
BlackPony said:
I have been posting my Mod's as I go with my 08 Bullitt ,and I just thought of how much weight it has lost!
The difference in the OEM 2 piece driveshaft and the 1 piece aluminum driveshaft is @40 lbs
The OEM Bullitt mufflers weigh about 27 lbs each. My new Ford Racing mufflers weigh about 17 lbs each.
The difference is @ 20 lbs.
20 lbs + 40 lbs = 60 lbs:wink:
Wow, I didn't do the mod's for the weight reduction but it is a plus.
I am sure my car is faster now , but then on the other hand look who is driving it:confused:
Way back over 30 years ago in my drag racing days every 100 lbs. = 1/10 of a second off of your ET. Might not sound like much, but believe me it is in 1/4 mile racing...

Anthony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.