Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went today to the dealership 2 have them look at my shift knob, the guy told me he couldnt do ne thing, he doesnt handle after market mustangs, i explained to him this is a Bullitt, there is a black 100 feet from you in the showroom, and he told me he never heard of it ............

wat a moron

·
Registered
208 Posts
When I first test drove my bullitt at a dealership, in which the dealership was very misleading with lies, I called all the Ford dealerships from Modesto CA to almost Bakersfield CA, over 150 miles distance, and maybe half of the dealerships have ever heard of the bullit. I ended up buying it from a local reputable dealership. Well it ended up being the exact bullitt I test drove previously. The reputable dealership had to trade a Harley Davidson Truck and another car for the Bullitt. Interesting though how so many Ford dealerships haven't heard of a FORD car.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Most Ford dealerships don't have access to the specialty vehicles. Ford allocates only so many to each of their best dealers. Best includes volume, customer survey responses, etc. If they weren't allocated one in the beginning, they wouldn't be able to order one after word hit the streets.

I live within walking distance of a large Ford dealer, and they never heard of the Bullitt. Didn't have a clue when I went to order mine. Tried to sell me a Premium GT coupe first then a PGT convertible. Kept calling even after I told them I oredered the car I wanted.

I went to one of the 2 dealers in the Houston area that I knew was an SVT dealer. Low and behold, they knew what the Bullitt was and could order it as one of their allocation.

Too bad te non-Bullitt dealers couldn't just come clean and direct you to the dealewrs that were.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
When you go to your Dealer and the service guys know nothing about the Bullitt that really frosts my cookies.

After having them change my oil with Amsoil synthetic (which I brought) they spilled it all over the fender and engine without cleaning it up. Then the body shop mooks dented my rear fender trying to fix a bent trunk hinge.

I asked them how many of these cars have they seen? They said, "I guess this is the only one. I said, "Now your getting it. This is it. Now get that throught your F##[email protected]*^ skull before you put another hand on it.

The owner of the dealership has two classic stangs. I gonna talk to him on Tuesday to see if my car will get some respect.

Bullitt220

·
Registered
451 Posts
I HATE the fact that it seems like most of Ford didn't know about this car!

OTOH, it's kind of cool from a different perspective... Somewhat stealthy, if you will. Almost like the car snuck into production.... (A dedicated team of 20 engineers rolled out a limited run car right under the noses of the executives! :roll: :grin: )

There's a dealer about 1/2 hour away from me that has a good reputation for service. I keep telling myself I'm going to drive down there one day *before* I need service and talk to them. I hope when I do I don't have to tell them what it is. It would be nice to feel good about a dealer! :smile:

Joe

·
Registered
835 Posts
Too bad those 20 engineers didn't hand build every one of them. I bet we wouldn't see any QC problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Talking about dealers not knowing their product line! I went to 7 dealers to get
pricing before ordering my Bullitt. I told each dealer what I was doing, so shoot me
your best price first time. Actually, the Hi-Perf dealer and the 2 small town dealers were the only ones that knew about the Bullitt.
The "big-time" dealers that had the loud ads on the radio and TV didn't know what it was.
The little dealership that I worked at as a kid gave me the best deal, and they knew what it was!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts