Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never taken my car down to the track..so what I want to know is...How do you work the tree lights?? Do you roll when the lights are yellow? How do you get a good reaction time? step by step from red to green how is it done. teach me!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well from my experience, which is a little limited. At the very top you will have two tiny yellow lights, those are the staging lights. When both have lighten up then you have lined up correctly. You need to have both lighten up or they won't send you down the track. After that you have 3 bigger yellows and then a green and then a red.

When both cars are lined up correctly then they will hit a button and start the yellows which goes very fast. Once you see the green, then launch your car. Normally its best to start your car going on the last yellow because by then time you do launch then it will be green. This part takes a lot of practice. If you get this down to perfection you will really see what you car can do.

Also if you launch to soon then you will see a red light and you basically loss the race, but most place will still give you your slip. If you see a red light just keep going.

Note: Some places do not use the yellow lights if it is really crowded, which sucks. You will have to see. When you get there watch for a few minutes while your car cools down and see how people do it. It helped me.

Enjoy :grin:

Post your times when you do get them.

Black Bullitt #1574
100MM Densecharger
anumis bullitt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anumis on 2001-12-19 17:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
42 Posts
On our tree there are two pair of small yellow lights at the top. You have to light both pairs to be staged properly. If just the top one is lit, you have to still pull forward, if just the bottom pair is lit, you have to back up some. If the track is not using the large yellow lights, I believe that is called a "pro tree", but I could be mistaken. As for when to launch, I do like Animus, I launch on the last yellow. Yields me average RT's in the .5XX most of the time. Good Luck!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orange Crush on 2001-12-18 14:22 ]</font>

·
Banned
535 Posts
Always launch at as soon as you see the last yellow light come on. By the time you react, it will be green. I usually start building revs as soon as I see both staging lights for both racers lit up. This way your not sleeping when the lights come on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A "Pro Tree" is when all three yellows light up at the same time. On a "Sportsman" tree, it takes .500 of a second from the last yellow to the green. On a "Pro Tree", it takes .400 of a second.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts