Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collin....saw this i believe a 1955 or 1956 Crown Vic at the Winnsboro Car meet...it was like brand new...inside an out.....black an white leather inside...so...immediately i thought of YoU:D

hope you like it...you better!!!!!!!!! :p an :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
I appreciate the Vic pic, Dennis. :cool:

Yes, I like it! :smile:

Man, those Crown Vics sure have changed over the years. :lol:

Here's more than 50 model years of change...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Also, for the 2008 model year, the civilian Crown Victoria is not available through regular Ford dealerships in the U.S. They can only be purchased through a Ford Fleet dealership. Looks like the civilian version is on its way out.

:frown:

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big diff between those cars...but the thought i think is the same...glad you like the pic...Collin...it just dont do the car justice.....when i was getting ready to take the pic of the car when the guy that owned it was just getting ready to put it in its trailer...so..had to talk him into letting me take the pic...i told him about my Bullitt...so he let me take the pic...Car guys are Cool!!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Cochese said:
Also, for the 2008 model year, the civilian Crown Victoria is not available through regular Ford dealerships in the U.S. They can only be purchased through a Ford Fleet dealership. Looks like the civilian version is on its way out.

:frown:

Does that mean the Grand Marquis is soon to follow? I remember reading in the mid 90's in the San Antonio paper that 2001 was going to be the last year for the Vic. Cops were going to start using Chevy Tahco's and GMC Yuckun's. That never materialized, and they are still making the Vic.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
BigBullitt said:
Does that mean the Grand Marquis is soon to follow?...
Could be. I believe the same civilian market for the Crown Vic is the same as that of the Grand Marquis...OLD DUDES! :lol: And those OLD DUDES are dying off in a quick-like fashion. :lol: The Grand Marquis must be selling better than the Crown Vic otherwise it would have followed suit with the Crown Vic, imho. I have heard that Ford will continue to manufacture the CVPI until 2012 or something. I have also heard that Ford will be increasing the performance of the 2009 CVPI to better compete with the Dodge Charger Hemi.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
kfengler said:
You might have seen this Crown Vic before...
...it's right around 500ci ~1000hp!
VICIOUS VIC, Karl! :cool:

Thanks for the pic...I have never seen a classic Vic modified like that. :smile:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Cochese said:
Could be. I believe the same civilian market for the Crown Vic is the same as that of the Grand Marquis...OLD DUDES! :lol: And those OLD DUDES are dying off in a quick-like fashion. :lol: The Grand Marquis must be selling better than the Crown Vic otherwise it would have followed suit with the Crown Vic, imho. I have heard that Ford will continue to manufacture the CVPI until 2012 or something. I have also heard that Ford will be increasing the performance of the 2009 CVPI to better compete with the Dodge Charger Hemi.
I've been seeing the Charger (don't know if it's a hemi, though) all over creation as cop cars here. Not in San Antonio, but like Selma (speed trap capital of Texas is making a comeback! :lol:) and Alamo Heights (ritzy area of S.A.) Chrysler must be offering realy great deals to these municipalities to get them.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
BigBullitt said:
...Chrysler must be offering realy great deals to these municipalities to get them.
If not that, the Charger Hemi is already a lesser expensive vehicle than the CVPI. The Ford Fleet dealership where I purchased my new 2007 CVPI mentioned that if I wanted a new Charger Hemi Police Package (they sold Charger Police Package vehicles as well as Ford) the sticker price would be about $23K...that's $4K less than the sticker price of a CVPI. And that was with the 340 hp Hemi! If I wasn't such a fan of the CVPI and Ford, I would have been all over that sheet. :eek:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
kfengler said:
You might have seen this Crown Vic before...
...it's right around 500ci ~1000hp!
I saw that car or one similar to it in Pidgeon Forge TN Ford Days Car Show. Lots of engine, but that was ten-twelve years ago. So, the mind is a little foggy on what was under the hood. As I recall it looked like a 429/460 engine.:doubt: It was all white, and the slicks were on it as well. Maybe a twin of sorts?:wink:

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
can someone please tell me what the hell is up with the page changing to pink? funny at first but annoying as all get out! I hope not every post with PY's name in the title does this!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I saw that car or one similar to it in Pidgeon Forge TN Ford Days Car Show. Lots of engine, but that was ten-twelve years ago. So, the mind is a little foggy on what was under the hood. As I recall it looked like a 429/460 engine.:doubt: It was all white, and the slicks were on it as well. Maybe a twin of sorts?:wink:
Don't think that was the same car. This one had a 351 (Cleveland) in it about 5 years ago. He traded it for the BOSS 429, which is heavily modded now.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Recent NEWSWEEK article regarding the Crown Vic...

Driving a Classic Into the Ground

By Matthew Philips | NEWSWEEK
Oct 29, 2007 Issue

The Ford Crown Victoria is an American institution: a big, comfortable, gas-guzzling sedan that's become the workhorse of major urban police departments and cab companies. But with retail sales down 90 percent since 2000, the Crown Vic—a favorite of car buffs—might soon become a nostalgia piece. Ford will stop selling it to the public next year, and pretty soon it might vanish from the street altogether.
The automaker still expects to sell 50,000 Crown Vics to the government this year, mostly for use in law enforcement. But the Police Interceptor model has been losing market share in the last few years to the Chevy Impala and Dodge Charger, whose 340-horsepower Hemi engine gives it a top speed of 150mph, making it popular with highway patrol officers. The Impala is also faster than the Crown Vic—which redlines at 130mph—and troopers in Northern states prefer its front-wheel drive in the winter. "Chevy's numbers are growing," says Michigan State Police Lt. David Halliday. The Crown Vic's future as a cab is grim too. Of the 4,000 that Ford sells to fleets each year, 3,500 end up as yellow cabs in New York City. But with Mayor Michael Bloomberg eager to field an all-hybrid taxi fleet by 2012—and cities like Boston, San Francisco and Chicago looking at hybrid taxis as a way to cut air pollution—Ford is pushing its Escape Hybrid, which runs on electricity alone at speeds of up to 25mph, as the cab of the future. A new advertising campaign even features Kermit the Frog stumping for the Escape. (Get it? They're both green.)
Ford says that it will continue to produce the Crown Vic "for the foreseeable future," but enthusiasts take a more fatalistic view. "It doesn't look good," says Steve Spaulding, owner of crownvic.net, a fan forum with more than 10,000 members who cherish the car's combination of comfort, durability and power. "We figure it's going to be gone in a few years." In better times, Spaulding led fellow connoisseurs on regular pilgrimages to the Ford plant in Ontario, Canada, where every Crown Vic is born. But visits have tapered as sales and production have declined. Last year, Ford sold just 3,000 of them to the public; today, there are less than 100 new, unsold Crown Vics on dealer lots in the whole country. Abraham Caldes has owned four Crown Vics in his 39 years as a New York City cab driver, and put more than 300,000 miles on all of them. But with 2012 looming, he would rather call it a career than trade in for a new hybrid. "I'm going to retire with this car," Caldes says. "I'd rather go out with the Crown Vic." And it might go out with him.
<!--AD BEGIN--><SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript>placeAd2(commercialNode,'bigbox',false,'')</SCRIPT>

<!--AD END-->
© Newsweek, Inc.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Cochese said:
Driving a Classic Into the Ground

By Matthew Philips | NEWSWEEK
Oct 29, 2007 Issue

The Ford Crown Victoria is an American institution: a big, comfortable, gas-guzzling sedan that's become the workhorse of major urban police departments and cab companies. But with retail sales down 90 percent since 2000, the Crown Vic—a favorite of car buffs—might soon become a nostalgia piece. Ford will stop selling it to the public next year, and pretty soon it might vanish from the street altogether.
The automaker still expects to sell 50,000 Crown Vics to the government this year, mostly for use in law enforcement. But the Police Interceptor model has been losing market share in the last few years to the Chevy Impala and Dodge Charger, whose 340-horsepower Hemi engine gives it a top speed of 150mph, making it popular with highway patrol officers. The Impala is also faster than the Crown Vic—which redlines at 130mph—and troopers in Northern states prefer its front-wheel drive in the winter. "Chevy's numbers are growing," says Michigan State Police Lt. David Halliday. The Crown Vic's future as a cab is grim too. Of the 4,000 that Ford sells to fleets each year, 3,500 end up as yellow cabs in New York City. But with Mayor Michael Bloomberg eager to field an all-hybrid taxi fleet by 2012—and cities like Boston, San Francisco and Chicago looking at hybrid taxis as a way to cut air pollution—Ford is pushing its Escape Hybrid, which runs on electricity alone at speeds of up to 25mph, as the cab of the future. A new advertising campaign even features Kermit the Frog stumping for the Escape. (Get it? They're both green.)
Ford says that it will continue to produce the Crown Vic "for the foreseeable future," but enthusiasts take a more fatalistic view. "It doesn't look good," says Steve Spaulding, owner of crownvic.net, a fan forum with more than 10,000 members who cherish the car's combination of comfort, durability and power. "We figure it's going to be gone in a few years." In better times, Spaulding led fellow connoisseurs on regular pilgrimages to the Ford plant in Ontario, Canada, where every Crown Vic is born. But visits have tapered as sales and production have declined. Last year, Ford sold just 3,000 of them to the public; today, there are less than 100 new, unsold Crown Vics on dealer lots in the whole country. Abraham Caldes has owned four Crown Vics in his 39 years as a New York City cab driver, and put more than 300,000 miles on all of them. But with 2012 looming, he would rather call it a career than trade in for a new hybrid. "I'm going to retire with this car," Caldes says. "I'd rather go out with the Crown Vic." And it might go out with him.
<!--AD BEGIN--><SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript>placeAd2(commercialNode,'bigbox',false,'')</SCRIPT>

<!--AD END-->
© Newsweek, Inc.
Yeah! I read that with a link from BlueOvalNews.com. Sad, that it isn't treated with a little more respect. Fleet sales only. Gran Marquis is still public, but no Marauder version. I figure they could keep that offering without changes for a few more years. CV LX Sport should have had the same Cobra engine package as the Marauder offering in 03-04.:neutral: Nothing beats a big car with some serious horsepower for driving on a road trip.:wink: Maybe the powers that are at Ford won't totally kill it off until a suitable replacement is found. Supposedly the one shift at the factory is running 10 hour days. Personnally IDK. Great car never the less. I should know, I've owned a couple or three.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts