Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed and road tested this unit,and I can tell you this thing starts to build torque at around 2200 RPM. Man it woke this puppy up......BIG TIME!!!! Best mod for me yet,and better than my thru the bumper.ram-air!!!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I checked out the Densecharger website, does the standard 4.6 2v/4v kit bolt right on or is there anything different for the Bullitt? Did you use their plugs? Does it require any mods to the car? Your endorsement goes a long way....

Rarecat

·
Registered
509 Posts
My DenseCharger bolted right up and it is the same for the 2V/4V. It works great. I had no problems with installation. I don't believe you need the plugs for the Bullitt. I received them, but was told that they really are not necessary for the 2V engine. Buy one and have fun!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rarecat,It bolted right in. He recommends that you leave out the MAF screen. I used the setup with the RU3530 KN filter. I also used the down leg pipe ,to drop the filter down into the air stream,you can mount it just straight in.Only other thing I did was radius the leading edges of the pipe in the direction of air flow.....It is doing something for the torque,no nombers to back it up yet,just SOP!!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Just what does "radius the leading edges of the pipe in the direction of air flow" mean?? Are you saying you pointed the pipe forward slightly?

·
Registered
899 Posts
I understand from another post that you have to drill holes to install the Densecharger, is this correct????

Rarecat

·
Registered
509 Posts
Three holes have to be drilled thru the inner fender to mount the plate that holds the piping in place.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave,Picture the open end of a piece of pipe. Now air likes to flow along surface walls. By giving a rounded lead in,to the pipes inside edge,entry point,it helps the air flow smoothly into the pipe. Less turbulence equals better air flow. I used my high speed air grinder,a Dremel will do,with a carbide burr,to radius the edge.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-07-12 21:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ok, I understand now.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts