Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I am one tired Daddy!!! The hardest part was to pull the carrier back out,to change the shim pack for more backlash. That puppy was really stuck,even with the same shims! Luckily,I had a 1985 Truck Service manual,which had the 8.8 rear listed,so as to figure out how much shim to switch around,to get .008 more backlash. They had a nice chart in there that was dead on accurate. By now all joints were aching,and only wanted to do this one more time. In the end everything checked out,with a good tooth pattern. Tomorrow axles and lube go in. Time for a brew or two!!!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry,no racing around here till March! Just,hope there is no gear whine or seal leak! There shouldn't be.....but we all know Mr.Murphy!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right on Nasty!! I am hoisting two nice,ice cold IceHouse,or is that IceHomes? Anyway got everything bolted up,and just took it for a break-in drive. Quiet,more so than the tranny! No leaks,and letting it cool down for 30 mins. before another break-in drive. Wouldn't ya know while at a traffic light,two kids in a 98 GT want to play,on the main drag,in front of a police station......No way for me.....I kicked it once anyway! I did put a sign in the window,No racing now,gear break-in,in progress!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts