Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well yesterday my girlfriends step-dad got into a car accident. he stopped at a 2 way stop sign and started to proceed across and got t-boned at over 60 mph. his toyota corolla was totaled needless to say. today he went looking at cars and he was going to get a new car anyways just now he REALLY needed one. he ended up buying a 2004 mustang GT. its shadow mountain grey and has some minor modifications to it from what i could tell like CAI and exhaust. i dont know what else or what of those things ive mentioned actually happened. he said it has an aftermarket intake and i saw him drive it and its kinda loud which makes me think exhaust as well. but needless to say he is stoked about it. his wife calls it his mid-life crisis car. and i hear he didn't want a mustang till i started hanging around his house lol. anyway the good is he has a mustang and is very happy about it and he is ok. no scratches or anything done to him. the bad his toyota was totaled and now his son wont have a car when he gets his license in a few months. well i guess ive gone on long enough. lol

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Glad he was not seriously injured, also very happy he got and American Mustang.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rblack4405 said:
Glad he was not seriously injured, also very happy he got and American Mustang.
ya he was trying to decide between a mustang and the new altima coupe

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You should told him to buy a Bullitt!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bet it got a automatic on his Mustang..........

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no he wouldn't get an automatic. he isn't totally lost when it comes to mustangs lol. but im not so sure he knows about bullitts other than i have one if he even knows that. he went to like 4 dealerships before he found one he liked. he almost bought a convertible but he was like lets work a deal with this one and the guy got his supervisor and he said they sold it to an employee. the car isn't loud but it sounds good and he absolutely loves it. he was talking about getting car covers and car bras and dusters and stuff like that within 3 hours of having it lol. i do think there is a very good chance of him doing something stupid in it and hurting the car, himself, maybe someone else or something. he took it on a test drive and started doing burnouts and just driving it super hard on the TEST DRIVE. i dont even wanna know what hes gonna do when he is drunk. he is always drunk. he is a HUGE ass hole. but he was sooo happy he got the car he offered to get eveyone drinks and didn't do anything and he usually tries to start fights about everything and i mean everything. no topic to insignificant to start a fight about for him

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
If he drinks and drives call the police, please

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Father-in-Law?

DHG #1078 said:
no he wouldn't get an automatic. he isn't totally lost when it comes to mustangs lol. but im not so sure he knows about bullitts other than i have one if he even knows that. he went to like 4 dealerships before he found one he liked. he almost bought a convertible but he was like lets work a deal with this one and the guy got his supervisor and he said they sold it to an employee. the car isn't loud but it sounds good and he absolutely loves it. he was talking about getting car covers and car bras and dusters and stuff like that within 3 hours of having it lol. i do think there is a very good chance of him doing something stupid in it and hurting the car, himself, maybe someone else or something. he took it on a test drive and started doing burnouts and just driving it super hard on the TEST DRIVE. i dont even wanna know what hes gonna do when he is drunk. he is always drunk. he is a HUGE ass hole. but he was sooo happy he got the car he offered to get eveyone drinks and didn't do anything and he usually tries to start fights about everything and i mean everything. no topic to insignificant to start a fight about for him
So this could become your father-in-law?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so ive got some more bad news for her family. mike got into a second accident 4 days after the first and the following day his boss told him they were getting rid of his position in the company which was sales rep. or something like that. so he has less than a month now to find a job before he doesn't have one. the whole company is going bankrupt so they are eliminationg all sales reps. and putting their duties on the other employees supposedly.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Sounds like the father-in-law-to-be-from-hell. Did he wreck the Mustang already or another car? Somebody needs some help.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was a rental car. a new chvy aveo (sp?) or something like that. he wasn't positive on what it was exactly. it had like 22k miles on it. he needs help. my girlfriends mom said she would leave him if he doesn't get help but she can't afford the house on her own so she deals with it. that was close to the beginning of the year. all he has done is admit he needs help. he thinks he is the best driver ever lol from some stories he has told me. lol. i honestly think at this point he functions better drunk than sober because he drinks so much.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
DHG #1078 said:
that's good to do
I always do a hard test drive :D gotta make sure the thing performs right ya know :D

I remember BullittMakesThree taking me out in 1986 the first day. We did a handful of standing starts and banging the gears, taking a couple quick offramps, etc, a little high speed cruising, etc. Good times. No donuts though :D lol

well good luck to your extended family none-the-less

1 - 14 of 14 Posts