·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I like it.

For someone wanting a performance oriented sedan, it would be a nice choice.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Looks like a heavier 4 door GTO,with less power.......equals a big fat ZERO! It won't hang with a Charger SRT Hemi. Better grab one of the few 2006 GTO's left!
But then,it might eat my lunch,if I were to meet one at SONIC'S,in my Bullitt!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Attention GM, Ford, whoever... I do not want a four-door performance sedan. I want a rear-wheel drive, two-door that looks halfway decent. Hint, there are more people out there like me.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The G8 is not replacing the GTO. The story is misleading. Yes the GTO is being discontinued for a year so that they can bring it back out built on the same(but modified) platform as the new camaro. I think this is more a replacment for the Bonival(sp)

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Now they could call it the Pontiac 2+2,and kept the 400 HP LS-2. Anyone remember the 2+2? Yes I know it was a 2 door,but 2+2 would be more fitting than G8. Are they trying to get into the Infinity crowd?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Well considering their smaller sedan/coup is the G6 the name G8 seems reasonable. I like the idea, but not a big fan of the styling. I'm willing to bet average consumer isn't real interested in super high HP or at least not willing to pony up the extra cash for it. I would be curious to see the number of 300M/charger regular V8s sold vs STR8s sold... maybe I am wrong

And don't worry the 2 doors are coming...Challenger, Camaro, new GTO

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Isn't there enough of these over stylized 4-door sedans already being built? I'm pretty sick of looking at the same car...over and over and over and over.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Another dumb product that nobody will want to buy!

·
Registered
515 Posts
The G8 is so gay it is spelled ghey.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Looks like a restyled caddy cts to me !

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
G8 = A pig by any other name.

Used to be that the Pontiac name was an upscale Chebbie. Like a Banker or other professional would buy. Then they got DeLorean and he transitioned the marque into a performance/excitement Division. Now they seem to have lapsed into a "Me too" of Japanese sedans. Not a good place to be.

·
Administrator
6,342 Posts
I think it looks classy from the angles in these photos...

Attachments

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,069 Posts
speaking of GTS's....

My X's sister passed away suddenly at age 57. She had a 72 or 73 GTO in blue. It was/is a beautiful car! She drove that car everywhere everyday for many years. Several years ago she restored it and put it away. I asked my X what the family was asking for the car and he said $70,000! :eek: I guess that puts that idea to rest. It had a white interior I remember and I have always liked white interiors. She had big Cragars with heart shapes in them as her favorite group was "Heart".

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
G-8

First they should call it a Bonneville.........but that will come, you know Ford 500 aka Taurus. Second, nobody north of the Mason Dixon Line will buy a rear wheel drive sedan, don't tell us about traction control or 50/50 weight distribution.
Last, it will be offered in all wheel drive when nobody buys it in New York State. Add $3-5K for this option.
I had five Bonneviles from 1990. They were great cars until the over-priced 2001 pig that my wife wanted. GM just doesn't do their homework. They build better cars than Ford and Mopar, but their styling engineers and marketing people just don't get it.
The American auto makers are like our leaders in the Federal government........they live in a bubble and listen to only those who constantly agree with their half-fast ideas.
I drive a G-8, I drink a V-8.........impressive..huh?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts