Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HG #0927 was found and bought in southern Virginia.
This new Bullitt had been on the showroom floor of a very small Ford dealership since December of '07. They had 2 and the black one sold very quickly. The HG which had more options and higher tag sat.
I wouldn't have found it but the Richmond dealer that I was trying to buy from had a problem - a big problem and I went looking on the internet for another Bullitt.

When I went to see the car it had bump sticker still on it and the price and options just were not a good fit for the area.

Negotiated a great deal with some very nice people who were dying to move this "show room queen"

With the low number I was kinda feeling like I had found an old '66 in a barn.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Congrats!

I am a little surprised how slugglish the sales of these cars are.
Is it possible we aren't as cool as we think? ;)

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Congrats.

If it really was on their lot since Dec'07 it might be a sign of another out of sequence numbering.
Mine was built Jan '08 and is #0889

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
congrats and welcome to IMBOC! I am pretty sure the sales are slow due to the gas prices! These cars are COOL!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can't scrub the smile off my face with 60 grit sandpaper!

The deal was:
Knock the 5000.00 bump sticker down to 0.00
throw in the $899.00 emporor undercoat, leather and paint treatment and include the warranty with same.
Knock 2000.00 off the MSRP of 32,980.00
free tires - same as the type on the car - for life
inspections for life
and first oil change for free

What I did was go into the dealership an hour before they closed and negotiated the above. Being that I live 30 minutes away from them they rethought saying no when I told them back later.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
sammy01 said:

The deal was:
throw in the $899.00 emporor undercoat, leather and paint treatment and include the warranty with same.
inspections for life

What I did was go into the dealership an hour before they closed and negotiated the above. Being that I live 30 minutes away from them they rethought saying no when I told them back later.
Nice deal! I hope that the free tires for life won't be retread Firestones. :wink: :lol: Congratulations and enjoy your new Bullitt!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
good luck from 924

·
Registered
115 Posts
sammy01 said:

The deal was:
inspections for life

Nice - Nice deal,

Thanks

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Yes, very nice indeed.

I especially like the tires. Boy if I had managed that I'd be boiling them skins every chance I got...

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
sammy01 said:
This new Bullitt had been on the showroom floor of a very small Ford dealership since December of '07. They had 2 and the black one sold very quickly. The HG which had more options and higher tag sat.
I wouldn't have found it but the Richmond dealer that I was trying to buy from had a problem - a big problem and I went looking on the internet for another Bullitt.

When I went to see the car it had bump sticker still on it and the price and options just were not a good fit for the area.

Negotiated a great deal with some very nice people who were dying to move this "show room queen"

Have a great day!
Congratulations! COOL I like low numbers to.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
sammy01 said:

Have a great day!
Where about are you located? Are you going to the Fun Ford Weekend event down at VMP?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Whammer said:
Congrats!

I am a little surprised how slugglish the sales of these cars are.
Is it possible we aren't as cool as we think? ;)

Many of us thought at first with the weather getting warmer, sales should pick up. But now as weather gets better gas prices are getting worse, it's no joke.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
As for sales, it does still appear the cars that are not selling are the cars with ADM or that the dealer will not move off MSRP.
That always slows sales. Some dealers are still dreaming big $ from this car and don't mind waiting :doubt:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tire replacement has guidelines such as they have to have 30K on them and the tread depth has to be at a prescribed depth - which I can't recall but it is in line with Virginia State law.

VMP - can't make it but I am trying to make events such as this going forward.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts