·
Car Whisperer
20,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,647
my second bike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dang, I don’t have any pictures...but my first was an Allstate Moped(red and cream), my second was the Honda ‘street’ 90 in black. I was envious of a buddy that had the S 90.

good memories.
Don’t ride any more, realized I am mortal, don’t want to accelerate my demise...lol

·
Car Whisperer
20,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,651
"my" third bike wasn't mine, just helped him build it and he let me take it sometimes to ride.

something along the lines of this. gas tank was just black. kick start, and when it backfired trying to start it....oh the pain.....

·
Registered
201 Posts
"my" third bike wasn't mine, just helped him build it and he let me take it sometimes to ride.

something along the lines of this. gas tank was just black. kick start, and when it backfired trying to start it....oh the pain.....

View attachment 77375
That was dang cool in the day as well !!!!
This was my knee cap breaker.

Reactions: Jimbob

·
Car Whisperer
20,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,653
that was my arch breaker!!!! I had it quite a lot and was living in Miami at the time. almost got killed on it so many times people doing stupid stuff all around, I quit riding after that. I was run off the road so many times, people changing lanes with me right at the driver door, I had enough. always love to ride, but way too dangerous in metropolitan areas which is where I always have lived. If I was out in the country, I would probably get another one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
that was my arch breaker!!!! I had it quite a lot and was living in Miami at the time. almost got killed on it so many times people doing stupid stuff all around, I quit riding after that. I was run off the road so many times, people changing lanes with me right at the driver door, I had enough. always love to ride, but way too dangerous in metropolitan areas which is where I always have lived. If I was out in the country, I would probably get another one.
People always used to ask me back then "How can you get on a track with 20 other guys and zoom around that fast and that close together?" I used to say " All the guys on that track are going the same way at relatively the same speed and they ALL know what they are doing.".
I am with you buddy , we are to old to gamble now!

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
o_OMy riding didn’t start till I was almost 30. First one was a 125 Yamaha ,then a 185 Suzuki . Broke my tailbone on the 185. Sold it and bought a blue 110 Honda 3 wheeler. Next was a Polaris 4wd 250 2 stroke 4 wheeler which I still have. Ride a 250 Artic Cat 4wd 4 stroke now.

·
Car Whisperer
20,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,656
as my first modification to a motorcycle, and with no real experience modifying anything as an 18 yr old, I decided on the Harley sprint I had that I hated the headlight due to it's size. so, I go to the local motorcycle shop, find a chrome small headlight that looked like I could bolt into where the stock headlight was and buy it. I drive back to my dorm (was in college at the time) and with a set of hand tools that included a set of wire clippers, I see a mass of wires going into the back of the headlight and think, well, I won't be driving at night anytime soon, so I will just cut the wires and wire it up later. so I roll all the wires into one mass and snip. unbolt the headlight, bolt the new one on and go to drive my cool new Harley 250 sprint, sporting my chrome headlight. go to crank it....nothing. Little did I know that the wiring harness distribution box was in the headlight. no wonder it was do big!!!! managed to stuff everything in there and wire it together finally after days of working on it, but it shorted out all the time after that. never did get it totally fixed right. can you say STUPID???????????? yep, a miserable failure at my first real mod of anything.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,639 Posts
ROTFLMAO! 👆👆👆:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
201 Posts
as my first modification to a motorcycle, and with no real experience modifying anything as an 18 yr old, I decided on the Harley sprint I had that I hated the headlight due to it's size. so, I go to the local motorcycle shop, find a chrome small headlight that looked like I could bolt into where the stock headlight was and buy it. I drive back to my dorm (was in college at the time) and with a set of hand tools that included a set of wire clippers, I see a mass of wires going into the back of the headlight and think, well, I won't be driving at night anytime soon, so I will just cut the wires and wire it up later. so I roll all the wires into one mass and snip. unbolt the headlight, bolt the new one on and go to drive my cool new Harley 250 sprint, sporting my chrome headlight. go to crank it....nothing. Little did I know that the wiring harness distribution box was in the headlight. no wonder it was do big!!!! managed to stuff everything in there and wire it together finally after days of working on it, but it shorted out all the time after that. never did get it totally fixed right. can you say STUPID???????????? yep, a miserable failure at my first real mod of anything.
We have all been there !!!!!

·
Car Whisperer
20,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,659
wish I hadn't gone there.... that was a bad trip!!!! bike left me stranded several times, had to carry a pocket full of fuses all the time!!!!!! I was so angry with myself for a long time. bike was a cool bike, but I made it a PITA.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,639 Posts
And I had the audacity and gall to laugh. Sorry, Tim.

8641 - 8660 of 8699 Posts