8721 - 8740 of 8763 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
20,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,721

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,762 Posts

So, the question is, how long will I have to be clicking away this "NEW LOOK!" pop-up box before they figure out that I DON'T WANT THE NEW BROWSER BRAINSTORM? Huh? How long? The rest of my life? I have spent the past few days clicking this exasperating pop-up away and it has reached the point now that I am starting to break things around the house. I am pacing the floor, muttering under my breath, turning red in the face and growing madder by the minute.

At this point in my life, when given a choice between "all new" and "same old, same old," I'll take the latter. On everything! I didn't even want this "black cat eating licorice in a coal bin" look, either, but that was FORCED on me. Sheesh! How long do we have to put up with this?

So? How long, pencilnecks? How long? I won't hold my breath. I'm still having to see THIS every time I turn the computer on...

SHEESH! (BTW, how in the wide, wide world of sports do you get to the "Appearances Menu" and what do you do after you get there? Hello? Pencilnecks? Are you there?

·
Car Whisperer
20,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,725
I agree JIMBOB!!!!!!!

Reactions: Jimbob

·
Car Whisperer
20,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,726
why do people think they need to change things constantly.....we get used to something, then, bang....another version.

·
Administrator
4,971 Posts
why do people think they need to change things constantly.....we get used to something, then, bang....another version.
Generally I agree with you. Sometimes programmers change things for unknown reasons and can be quite aggravating.
In this case, the "Card" appearance option visually separates the posts and IMO is a slight improvement in the way posts are presented.

As usual, your mileage may vary....

·
37,762 Posts
Thanks, Ron! (Oh, and here you go.....)

·
37,762 Posts
Who SAID we can't get along?

😁 :ROFLMAO:🤪

·
37,762 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
20,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,732

·
Car Whisperer
20,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,734

·
Car Whisperer
20,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,735

·
Car Whisperer
20,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,736

·
Car Whisperer
20,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,737

·
37,762 Posts
Generally I agree with you. Sometimes programmers change things for unknown reasons and can be quite aggravating.
In this case, the "Card" appearance option visually separates the posts and IMO is a slight improvement in the way posts are presented.

As usual, your mileage may vary....

I took the plunge and tried "Card" and, son of a gun, you were RIGHT! This time "fear of change" had to take a back seat. Card is much better! Much easier to spot were one post ends and a new one begins! Thanks for giving this old "stuck in his ways" grump the courage to explore the unknown! 👍

·
37,762 Posts
Pencilneck:
(idiomatic, US, derogatory)
1. An insubstantial person; a weakling..
2. A pu$$y.
3. A studious person.
4. One who works in an office doing a hum-drum type job. Typical examples: Anyone who works in IT, accountants and people in supply departments.

I'll take number 4 for $500-dollars.

·
37,762 Posts

Fret not. Like before, help is on the way!

8721 - 8740 of 8763 Posts