21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
6,156 Posts
Reactions: JUST 1BULLITT

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Thanks for the underside photo. Can't see any subframe connector there...

The Brad Bowling website is great, lots of good info there. All this stuff in the last few weeks has finally got to the truth of the Bullitt cars. Like burying the story Chad McQueen came out with about one having a 427 in it in one interview he did.
I never believed that one, and now we know. I mean lets be honest, he was a little kid when the movie was being made, and would have had no idea about the tech side of cars at that age. Likewise the other stories that got put around. Those who bothered to check the VINs and delivery specs knew how they started life. Max shed a little light on what he did before he died, and now we have them both. The Mexican car has been butchered and tampered with so that's just a VIN'd skeleton now, and will have to be built using the hero car as a template. But the hero car is pretty faithful to the end of the movie, so I'm happy that's finally been opened up for the Bullitt community to learn from.

Heres a big thank you to the owners family for keeping this way for so long. And for not selling out to an enemy of America, like some Chinese junk billionaire, Middle eastern oil brat or whatever.

·
Administrator
6,156 Posts
21 - 24 of 24 Posts