Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

The Russo Steele auction..........

325 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  54deuce 
#1 ·
Watching,reruns of last year,Scottsdale AZ,and after an hour,none of the cars sold. Did not meet their owner's reserve. All of them were way over priced. One guy,was the original owner of a 1965 Mustang Shelby GT-350. He passed on a high bid of $280,000!! He wanted atleast $300,000!! He said he would take it home and restore it again!

#2 ·
I saw that.....the guy in my opinion was crazy...i had a new mustang in 65...think i paid $2400 for the car out the door....pretty strange times....huh.....:b01:

#3 ·
Mus408 said:
Watching,reruns of last year,Scottsdale AZ,and after an hour,none of the cars sold. Did not meet their owner's reserve. All of them were way over priced. One guy,was the original owner of a 1965 Mustang Shelby GT-350. He passed on a high bid of $280,000!! He wanted atleast $300,000!! He said he would take it home and restore it again!
The days of "gouging" are over. People are going to have to come back down to Earth and think about "sensible" profits. Also, the government is going to have to draft some regulatory legislation to keep everything in check, lest we go down in ashes. That's my 2 cents.

My 1965 Fastback was $2,811.50, sticker window.

I agree, that guy was an idiot!

#6 ·
texasbullitt said:
thats a 67-68 fastback and jimbo said he had a 1965 me thinks...

yep....thats a 68....keen eye there...mark.....i took that pic at the old car rally in my home town in east Texas last year.......btw...the rally is the last Saturday in October

#8 ·
StvMcQueen said:
Nope. Looked like...
My wife is the one in my family that has owned Mustangs for years and years, mostly convertibles. Her desire was to own a 65/66 Fastback GT. When the new Mustangs came out (05+) this was close enought where she was willing to accept one in place of the 65/66. Only problem was it was not available in her color (Dark Green). First time she saw the HG Bullitt, she was sold on the idea. I have added the side window Louvers and she it really happy with the car. She now has the 65/66 Fastback look with modern conviences.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.