Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I hardly wiped my sticker at all...in fact I bloted it, to get water off(I did not even use soap on the car, I was just getting dust off) and I can see that mine would rub off with no effort at all at this point. It seems to be getting worse over time. Has anyone gotten an update from our good buds on Team Mustang, are they going to do anything about it? This sticker thing is a joke. Have they really said they were even really thinking about a plate or anything?

Bullitt 457
50 Merc
32 Ford

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: merc50 on 2001-07-30 19:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, after looking at mine again I am sure it is starting to fade for some reason. If you run your finger across it it smuges a little bit (yeah I know, leave it alone). I looked at other Bullitts the last few days and some stickers are really dark and others are light like mine. I saw that a dealership put that shine and slick stuff on the motor of one Bullitt and the stuff really screwed up that sticker(runs). I have not emailed Art or the rest yet myself, so what was that email (we should put it in a FAQ)? I do not know why it gets me so bad, but this sticker gets my blood boiling when I think about it now. I have a feeling that Ford could careless about it, but a few people on here or BON have made it sound like Ford is working on something yet I have not heard or seen any details. Anyone know anything? Its sad that So Cal can sell me a frame for my 32 and give me an awsome metal logo tag with my frame number and a big company with a big project like Ford sends out a sticker that is sub standard and was obviously not tested for durability. Oh, and thanks in advance for the email address whoever posts it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I want that guy that was marketing dash plates with our issue numbers to change the whole concept and issue a stamped metal Bullitt medalion that replaces these faulty serial stickers. In the meantime, I may clear tape over my current sticker and try to forget about it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You cats know that no one is more smackered off over this cheesy little sticker than I am! I think it would be a great idea if we put together an electronic petition where we could post a letter stating that we are dissatisfied with the sticker and would liek something a little more substantial and suitable. Then we could all sign it with our names and Bullitt numbers. Then we could email it (or a link) to Art Hyde and everyone else in the Ford chain of command. Maybe with a couple hundred names, we can get some attention.

What do you cats think? How about it moderators, is this doable?

The CatSmasher

·
Registered
586 Posts
In 50 days, I've yet to drive in the rain. My beater '88 Ranger pays for itself over and over every hailstorm. So, my sticker ain't sicker yet. But I wonder when it'll go. I'm all for any combined communications/petitions regarding any of our dissatisfactions. The stickers really are pretty important to the whole package.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Try this to protect that sticker until 'Team Mustang' comes through. use the clear two part epoxy, put a thin flim over your sticker,making sure to cover the edge all the way around,let dry. you can now wash the engine bay without worring about wiping off your numbers. I've use this on mine(DHG#1673) and it works very well. I will agree with everyone on the subject that Ford went cheap on this item, wonder where else corners were cut.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's what I did to protect my sticker, I used a little glossy clear coat spray paint and it has worked very well. You can't even tell that its been coated with anything. Its been two months now and the sticker still looks like new and cleans off very easily without any smudging.

·
Registered
19 Posts
what ive seen done is taking clear vinyl from a decal sign shop or..clear contact paper..shelf liner...and putting that over it to protect it..totally water proof..and will last forever. just a thought.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Oh oh, here we go again! I was going to say "Don't get CatSmasher riled up again on this sticker thing" before I read all the posts and low and behold, he already read it! Hi there Cat! The sticker issue goes way back doesn't it tho?!! :razz:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hi All

Just a suggestion to all you guys and gals out there worried about your sticker. Just go buy some clear coat paint and spray it on. I did that the day I brought it home. I have washed it with a mitt and soap and water several time. With the clear coat on, you can't get to the sticker so it is safe. Invest the three bucks to get the clear coat spray paint and save yourselves the headache.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Clearcoat worked well for me. With the inside being clearcoated anyway, the sprayed sticker blended right in. It's easy, simple and fast.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Clearcoat spray paint it is. I'm not going to wait for Ford to fix the problem. I agree, put the fix in the FAQ's for the newer members. Then poor Catsmasher won't have his blood boiling again. :-B

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Clear coat spray it is, but how about the request for a petition to send Art and/or team mustang. Lets not drop the ball on this.

Bullitt #2276
No Mods...Yet..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: donwil on 2001-11-28 12:51 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Covered my stickers with a piece of cleartastic left over from my 99 Vette.
It works well. There is no adhesive so
it can be removed. I have removed it a
couple of times to see if it lifting
any ink, it is not.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't understand how Ford overlooked the durability of the sticker. How much brains does it take to understand that the sticker is exposed to the elements. I think anyone here or anywhere else for that matter would figure it out. I guess at Ford they didn't understand this concept. Instead, they made an expensive mistaking making crappy stickers, which now they are going to have to pay lots of additional time and money to issue new authentic stickers/label of some sort for every Bullitt. Ever heard of testing products before using them?? Luckly I heard about the sticker problem before accidently destorying it by cleaning under the hood. I haven't cleaned the engine yet. Haven't had a reason to, since the car sits in the garage most of the time undriven. I plan to stay clear of the sticker until a fix is avaliable from Ford. I am sure they will issue something in the near future. Might be later this year, could be 10 years from now! You never know.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Oh Boy! Bringing up the "sticker issue" usually brings the CatSmasher back in here! Cat, where oh where are you???? :grin:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree.. The car is excellent, and Ford did a great job getting the concept out quickly. Totally agree. Not many cars come off the finish line being a collector's item. The sticker is also a very important issue, because it is proof to the cars worth. I know there are other things besides the sticker that can prove that the car is a Bullitt, but the sticker is still important. Thats all. Other than the sticker, there are no flaws in our Bullitt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts