Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Became the 3rd owner of 2744 in St Louis, MO at 6 pm on Nov 1st 08.
20 years old.
Boarded the greyhound at 8 am in Salina, Kansas and met previous owner monolojoe in the parking lot right downtown STL.
Fell in love with the car and made the deal with 63 545 on the clock.
Never had been to St Louis before and had no idea how to get out.
Greyhound ended up being right beside the Scott Trade center (St Louis Blues home)
Being Canadian and not to mention enjoying the greatest day of my life, I figured I would worry about getting out of the city later and go check out the game.
I also forgot to mention I had no plates and there were cops everywhere directing all the traffic and people who were walking to the hockey game. I had all of the right paperwork I needed but just didnt feel like getting pulled over on my very first night with my new B.
Ended up in the Blues gift shop and saw some close enough to legal Missouri plates for sale.
Anything to keep the Five O off my tail until I could get back to Kansas.
Enjoyed the game (Pittsburgh won) then headed for the packed parking lot and in the dark, installed some cool looking plates with a quarter. Did get a few stares.
Well it took some time but I finally got my self out of downtown, found the right hwy, and headed hard west back to Kansas.
Enjoyed my first long trip in the car and got back to my college parking lot in McPherson KS the next afternoon.
That is my story... probably the greatest weekend of my life and something I will always remember.

The first pick is of me and the Previous owner Joe when I bought the car that night. (Ya that's me, the tall extremely happy kid)
The second is the next day when I got back to school.
And the others are all from Nov 4th and were taken in a park here in town.
The fall background was perfect.

She currently sits in a storage shed under a cover with an even 65 on the clock.
I just cant stop driving the thing!!

Anyways that is my short history with the car so far
Enjoy Guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome....Great story!! Pretty funny that you drove it home with a plate from the gift shop. I understand that you were legal anyway.

Do the O/R pipes have converters? Maybe you don't have to worry about emissions in Kansas...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great story! I know you're going to enjoy the car a lot. I love driving mine too.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the club!! very cool story, nice to think you got to have such a unique experience the very first night with your new addiction!

now, go run down to Autozone and buy that all-important trunk full of cleaning supplies, and enjoy bonding with her on your next nice bright sunny day! (maybe you'll get lucky and Kansas will catch one more mild day before winter officially starts!)

shaun

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Pete: Thanks for the pics and the great story. Your B and mine must be cousins. Mine is 2729.

·
Registered
423 Posts
welcome to imboc. great story. i have a similar one if you wanna read about it. these memories will never fade away. congrats.

·
Registered
100 Posts
WELCOME! I also have a similar story lol, seems like a common thing for bullitt owners to do whatever it takes to get the bullitt they have their eyes on. I flew to florida from Illinois and drove mine straight through all the way home, so much fun, never gonna forget it.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bullitt Brad,
the car has a steeda tri ax, k&n filter and a mac o/r h
I am waiting for my new grill to come in the mail. It will look just like the stocker just without the pony.
So just a black comb mesh like the one on the 08.
I will take some pics when it is installed.
In the near future i think a JLT intake will come first then 373's and a tuner.
Thats the game plan!
O and tires are needed in the imediate future
im thinking eagle F1's. mabey the all season ones? whats the best F1 for the buck?
I have to make a 1000 mile trip home in may so street legal Nitto's wouldnt be for me.

·
Best Bullitt at nationals 05,10and 2013
1,997 Posts
Very nice young man. Will be nice to have two DHG 01 Bullitts in town.
The Bullitt is looking good.

You also have a rare one with the Hidden decal plavced inside upside down.

Just don't get the police chief in trouble since he drives the other one.:lol:

Dennis

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
PETE_FISH said:
Bullitt Brad,
the car has a steeda tri ax, k&n filter and a mac o/r h
I am waiting for my new grill to come in the mail. It will look just like the stocker just without the pony.
So just a black comb mesh like the one on the 08.
I will take some pics when it is installed.
In the near future i think a JLT intake will come first then 373's and a tuner.
Thats the game plan!
O and tires are needed in the imediate future
im thinking eagle F1's. mabey the all season ones? whats the best F1 for the buck?
I have to make a 1000 mile trip home in may so street legal Nitto's wouldnt be for me.
The first thing I did when I got cupcake was put Nexen N3000 tires on her...at $93 a tire it was the cheapest, highest performance tire (W rated I think) out there so I took a gamble with them. 2 years and 8K more miles on the car and they still perform great. Good traction in dry/wet conditions and decent traction in the snow IMO. So you might give that some consideration too.

As for the F1's, I'm not too sure. I haven't heard that many good things about goodyear performance tires. I get alot of feedback from the Z06 guys saying that the factory goodyear tires are crap and they cant wait to get rid of them. Either way you might research that before you buy.

Nitto 555 are good for summer traction/track use, as well as the BFGoodrich performance tires. You'll want to consider longevity for that thousand mile road trip though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice story man! Nothing like that long first ride home to bond with your new Bullitt! Did the same thing, drove mine back from the beach to western, NC! Enjoy it! Congrats!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.