Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was a cool day... much like today actually. And sunny... much like today... when I picked up DHG #4750 from Troy, OH... oh wait... THAT WAS TODAY! :smile:

It could not have been a more perfect drive home. Beautiful dusk sky, perfect air temp for the windows to be down, and a beautiful 01 bullitt to drive home. I love this car. Every track to come on the radio was something I liked (when I was listening to the radio over the mean-sounding exhaust) and the roads out in the country were wonderfully curvy with just the right amount of straightaway.

On top of all this, the previous owner left the burned copy of the "bullitt" soundtrack in the mach stereo. I listened to the chase music as I pulled out of the drive. :) He said the cd was in there when he bought it three years ago and he wanted to pass it on. :tongue:

I'm now a dual-bullitt owner! yay! This will be my Daily driver, but it will pampered as much as the 08. I could not be happier. I know what you 01 guys love so much about these cars now.

And to think... this whole obsession started b/c of a chase scene I saw on tv when I was 10...
Korey

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Cool beans, Korey.

That's pretty cool that you now have an '01 as well as an '08.

:clap:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,277 Posts
Nice story. :) Glad you are able to have one of each. Some people are very lucky. :smile:

Is it a lot different handling than the 08 B? Are they both as much fun to drive, or so different?

·
Registered
149 Posts
WOW

That was very exciting to read...felt like I was there with you.
They are special cars aren't they? :wink:
May you enjoy many, many miles together.
--Forte 2's Mom

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Congrats on the new addition. I am sure you will love your 01

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, I got her licensed and ready to go today and put in a new set of fuel door screws (I have 3 more sets from amp technologies if you need them).

You know, it does "feel" a lot different from the 08. The 08 is a lot more refined feeling and it corrects itself over bumps and such much better. The 08's clutch is much lighter and the powerband is smoother. You can feel the chassis difference from the 01 to the 08 also. On our country roads, you have to pay attention to the rearend on the 01 much more than the 08 or it will whip out. But, the brakes are MUCH better on the 01 than the 08. I will be first in line for the "reload" brake kit from MRT for the 08 when it comes out.

The 2001 feels MUCH more like a modern rendition of driving my '68... a modern feel but you still have to manhandle at times. The 08 drives itself, but allows you to throw it around when you want. You know what I mean?

There is a different spirit in the 01, but I have things that I love about both of them.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
wally05 said:
Thanks guys, I got her licensed and ready to go today and put in a new set of fuel door screws (I have 3 more sets from amp technologies if you need them).

You know, it does "feel" a lot different from the 08. The 08 is a lot more refined feeling and it corrects itself over bumps and such much better. The 08's clutch is much lighter and the powerband is smoother. You can feel the chassis difference from the 01 to the 08 also. On our country roads, you have to pay attention to the rearend on the 01 much more than the 08 or it will whip out. But, the brakes are MUCH better on the 01 than the 08. I will be first in line for the "reload" brake kit from MRT for the 08 when it comes out.

The 2001 feels MUCH more like a modern rendition of driving my '68... a modern feel but you still have to manhandle at times. The 08 drives itself, but allows you to throw it around when you want. You know what I mean?

There is a different spirit in the 01, but I have things that I love about both of them.
I think I've said the same thing before. I'm happy for ya. It's a great feeling. :cool:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, 736. :) I've been getting people telling me, "But, it's the EXACT same car! It even looks the same..." I just nod along...

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Wait until you throw a Vortech on the 01, you will really like it :smile:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol, don't think that will be happening anytime soon. :)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Congrats on the purchase....When you first wrote about getting an 01 and that you were selling your 68 Cal Special, I asked the wife if we could trade our Bullitt for your 68......She said "What are you, nuts?????" Needless to say, I never replied to you about your 68.....Once again, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha, that's okay. It's still for sale. I've had some nibbles that emailed about it and one guy came up to see it, but no buys. :( There are only an estimated 2,000 or so GT/CS left in the world, so that helps me when selling it. Paul newitt of the GT/CS registry says that MANY were lost this past decade to natural disasters, wrecks or people just junking them... so sad. :)

On an up note, I took the 01 out for a "spirited" ride in the country and in the curvies last night at about 2am... the moon was out and had so much light, I could have went without headlights almost. I took the 08 for a spirited run today... so fun. :)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Korey: Kinda surprise that you haven't had more action on the CA Special....Being it is a rare car and that there aren't too many around, I figured you have no problem selling it....If I didn't have the RX-7 and our 68 coupe, I would snatch it up in a heart beat......Guess it comes down to timing....Right place at the right time thing.......

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know! I actually just got a few more nibbles, so I'm hoping that it will sell. I'll miss it, but it's just not the right time in my life for a classic. When I do come back, it will be a '65/'66 coupe... nothing special. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts