Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my favorite TV shows back in the early/mid seventies was "Streets". Season one just came out on DVD and I just bought it.

The stars are Carl Malden and Michael Douglas and season one is from 1972 back when Michael Douglas was in his twenties. The stories are a little hokey in places and it is interesting to see these shows in today's context. It is always fun to see TV shows and movies that were made before anyone had a VHS (the one before DVD) player in their homes. Directors and editors worked at a lower standard having no idea that anyone could examine their work so closely as we can now.

But the greatest thing about "Streets" is the fact that most of the scenes were done all around San Francisco (like Bullitt) and every car in all the scenes is a classic by today's standards. Just cars back then .... classics now.

I hope all the seasons will be produced on DVD because yours truly, PhotoRick, is in one episode of season three (for about three seconds). Larry Hagman was the guest star and I had quite a chance to talk with him during a lunch break right on the streets of San Francisco. That was in 1974 after "I Dream Of Jeannie" and before "Dallas".

"The Streets Of San Francisco", check it out.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
It was one of my favorite shows. I lost interest after Michael Douglas left and they brought in Richard Hatch (the other Richard Hatch) :lol: I'll bet you had plenty of questions about Jeannie, huh? :grin:

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeannie, yeah!

But we had a great time talking like regular folks. It was really something to remember. He was about as down to earth as anyone I know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts