Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this time I have been saying "gee, I wonder what all this ticking stuff is about...lucky for me 457 aint done a bit of a tick." Well, my happy tick free days (why do I want to say SPOON every time I say Tick :smile: ) are over. I really do not think it is the trans, my tick is way too far to the front. I just hope that if the turd goes it goes in the next 3 years, I will be damned if I am gonna let the tech monkeys get on it with no direction to go in. Hell, I still have not changed my headlights because I am scared they are gonna scratch the car doing it. Wish they would just give them to me and let me do it, but oh no they cant do that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the ticking club. I hear ya about taking the car in for the headlights. I tooo asked if I could do it myself and they like got p*ssed that I asked that. I asked if I could drive the car into the shop....."NOOOOOOO they said" insurance purposes, needless to say, My baby did not leave my sight the whole time I was there. Just a tip, if you absolutely have to take your car in for service anywhere, have a manager walk over the car with you and get a signed statement from the manager that there is no cosmetic damage whatsoever on the car, so if it comes back with a scratch, those Bastards can't say, "oh that, yeah that was there when you brought it in"......Oh, and I just love the people who say "It's just a car"......geeez, they have no idea do they guys...sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
198 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-31 10:51, merc50 wrote:
I just hope that if the turd goes it goes in the next 3 years, I will be damned if I am gonna let the tech monkeys get on it with no direction to go in.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I would strongly take my experience with this situation seriously.

If i were you i'd take the car in to the dealer and let them document the problem.

If they talk engine job, then refuse to authorize the work and ask to see the service manager.

Go and drive a couple off the lot.

They may change their minds about the engine job.

And then politely ask for an extended warranty free of charge.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fixer on 2001-12-31 15:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After I talk to a source I have I think I might just try what you suggest on this. Of course, if the motor did tank it would be neat to slip a....nah, forget that idea, I can't afford that 99 Cobra motor anyway right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts