Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the blinking "Theft" light on the guages when you shut your Bullitt off actually do anything? Or is it just scare tactic?

thanks
TJ

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
It indicates that the PATS is operational. (Passive Anti Theft System)
It will only accept your correctly coded remote control and it will only accept your correctly coded (chipped) key to start the vehicle.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P-51 Bullitt said:
It indicates that the PATS is operational. (Passive Anti Theft System)
It will only accept your correctly coded remote control and it will only accept your correctly coded (chipped) key to start the vehicle.
OOOOO....:idea:

Thanks for the info...So, if I get a spare key, Does Ford code it for me??

TJ

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yes, but at a price :(.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Its not hard to program a new key, but the new key itself is the expensive part.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
mine also links to the anti-tampering flamethrowers mounted along the sides of the vehicle, to prevent small children, dogs and a**holes from touching the Bullitt...

doesn't yours? :p

shaun

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
tjrider said:
OOOOO....:idea:

Thanks for the info...So, if I get a spare key, Does Ford code it for me??

TJ
I bought some blank keys on e-bay along with the remote and had the local Ford store cut the keys and program them I forget the fee but it was not all that bad.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If you already have at least two keys, you can program the new ones yourself. I believe the procedure is in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
After the key is cut, put in the first key and turn on until theft light goes out. put in second key and turn on until theft light goes out. Insert new key and turn on until theft light stops flashing. Start the car and it should stay running. If the theft light does not stop flashing, try entire procedure again. If still no success, you may need to visit your friendly Ford dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts