Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to San Antonio 2 weeks ago and guess what I woke up to today!?! My passenger side window was busted in! They then unlocked the car and opened the glove box and the center console! I haven't touched the car yet,but it looks like they left my registration and stuff in the glove box. They took everything out of the center console. Luckily it was mostly empty cd cases. They also took my "Eject" button that I have in place of the cigarette lighter.

I was actually handling this ok. I figure, they didn't really take anything of value and a window is an easy fix. Then I notice on the A pillar it looks like they used a pry bar to open the window and then smash it in. The pillar is scratched and has some very large chunks taken out of it.

Normally the Bullitt sits in the garage, but the garage is still full of stuff from the move. You would think I wouldn't have to worry so much. Now I have to get a real alarm, not the crap Ford puts on. I'm sure they will be back. Unfortunately, my wife's car will always be outside because my 69 Mustang is already in the garage. I felt like I had moved into a safe area and now this. Time for me to unbox the gun. My bedroom sites over the garage, you would think I would have heard them. At least I'll have easy aim at them next time!

I'm also going to activate and upgrade the alarm system that came with the house. I can't risk anything with the wife, kid and one on the way. What a bunch of crap!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I feel for ya man. My Maxima got broken into the same way. $1800 damage because they pried at the pillar, too. I don't break into too many cars...does the pillar need to get jacked up if you're gonna break the glass anyway? The window would have been an easy fix.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I know the feeling. It sucks that one event can make you question the safety of your family and possessions. Try talking to the neighbors and seeing if this has happened before or if it is an issolated event.

Typically alarms are worthless, but if it goes off in your driveway you can at least react.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Break in

Doc;
from my experience in Philly as a parole officer, you could possibly check w/local police district and depending on their recording system they could provide you crime stats for the district.
You stated that you recently moved in San Antonio, where you from out of state? If so, did you change your registration? A common practice w/car thieves is to target out of state cars(this is for all you guys who attend out of state events, take every precaution to safeguard your Bullitt) Why? Because they know you won't return for court because you'll lose time from work. If they do get arrested, the case will be dismissed due to lack of prosecution/witness. Also, you've already been compensated by your ins. and the DA's figure no one's been physically hurt.
I've seen this happen alot.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check this out! I just found out I don't have comprehensive on the Bullitt! So everything is out of pocket. I took it off while I was in Iraq and never put it back on. I'm so pi**ed right now. Sounds like I have at least a $2k bill coming my way.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Don't shoot em. Get a bat and render them unconcious next to the Bullitt. Then drag their worthless ass out into the street. Make sure there is not a drop of blood on your driveway...
Once in the street work his poorly bred ass into a broken bloody mess. Try to concentrate on the genitalia. This will insure that this POS will no longer be able to breed more trash...
Then call the Police and report a strange person in the street in front of your house...
By the way, change clothes (due to possible blood spatter) and clean the bat with Peroxide...
Then sit back and enjoy the carnage...

Sorry, I just really hate a thief...

David

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
That sucks! Sure hope they can get those that did that! Were there any other cars broken into?

We had some kids go around the neighborhood here about 4 years ago trying to get into cars, and they did break into one that I heard of. Luckily we don't have anything outside of the garage.

The Cops did find them eventually, no problems since. We also have a pretty tight imidiate neighborhood.

Good luck getting it fixed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
$2K? Sounds a little high for a glass and some trim repair. It should be under a grand easy to fix that damage. My alarm has a pager which is nice, as long as you're witin a certain amount of feet the pager will go off so you can go take care of business. They were probably not trying to break the window, but were prying it back to unlock the door by hand but pried too much and broke the glass. They usually just pry the door frame back and unlock the car so it's quiet, but no frame on the Stang puts the pressure to the glass and then-bam! Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but at least nobody was hurt and the car is still there.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I'd do a J/Y run and head over to a privately owned body shop. One that'll do the install for cash, -no income to report -no taxes. Did this for my son a few years ago on his then new ZX2. Total cost was about $200.00 with a replacement mirror. The expensive window with the Bullitt is the quarter window. Now that's expensive!

BTW, I leave my truck outside, unlocked. Then again, nothing is in it save the old radio cassette.

Still sucks, sorry this happened to you just getting back Stateside.

·
Registered
7 Posts
$1009.21 That includes replacing A-pillar trim(Ford), passenger window(Ford), painting new A-pillar trim, blending rear c-pillar trim, off the car, and R&I panels for access. CA tax, etc. Not too bad.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
The saddest thing is that you were over in Iraq, risking your life, so that these POS can be free! Sometimes life just isn't fair.
Bruce

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. The same thing happened to me (driver`s side window) before I even had plates for the car and the fool used a pry bar or screw driver behind the outside mirror in my case. It feel really bad when some shmuck does that kind of stuff to your pride and joy. I not only put in an alarm system on top of the factory system, I also bought a cutch lock and use it along with the alarm when I have to park in public and God help him if I catch him at it. If he is even a little bit human before, he won`t be after.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about that, you can always look at it as they only stole some things from inside rather than the whole car.
Good luck with the repairs.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Sorry to here that, my car had also got busted into on the pass side as well about a year ago. Luckly they had only broke the window and didn't try to do anything else. The only thing they got off with was my snap on automotive scanner which really ****ed me off. I had took it home and was inside my apartment for about 3 hours then I had went outside to get it and it was gone. The good thing is that you still have your car and nothing else was taken.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I am sorry to hear about what happened. I know if this happened to me I would be p...ed and violated. I wish you could have caught them in the act. People like that deserve to be beat with a stick - a big stick.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I hate to hear that. It's one thing for it to happen if you have been here awhile. I had my fuel door and "Bullitt" emblem stolen off of my car shortly after I bought it. PM me so we can get together. As a lifer in this town, maybe I can help you with some of the local "flavor."

·
Registered
231 Posts
Damn i feel for you man. I live here in San Antonio also and my gf got her car broken into the same way. Except the tore off the pillar on her side and stole her saleen spoiler, optima battery, everything in the center console, tore out her ac and radio but just left it hanging (guess they werent that smart) and also took her softball equipment which she had for years!! i thought that was the worst part!!! DAMN THEIVES!!!!

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
That truly does suck, I have also lived in SA all my life. I know a good body shop but he is expensive,since this may be out of pocket I didn't respond earlier. The name is Scott's Auto Body on Speedway it is off of 410 and Vance Jackson area. PM me also, maybe Big Bullitt and I can help you get more situated.
Kerry

1 - 20 of 23 Posts