Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in no particular order-I haven't slept since Friday night from 11:30 to 4:30 when I had to get up to Fly to Atlanta to meet Mike Raburn and go pick up #0005 Sorry in advance if I ramble..
I reaffirmed my opinion that I hate flying-always have & always will.
I learned that flying from Maine to Atlanta, then going to Alabama to pick up a car and turn around and drive home the same day is doable, but not advisable. It was about 4pm es time when I left Alabama to return home. I drove straight through except for a 2 hour nap in Va early this morning. The only reason I did that was because of all the dead deer I was seeing. I didn't want my maiden voyage with #0005 to end in catastrophe so I slept a few hours until daybreak so I could see the critters and then continued.
I learned that this car gets an average of 25 mpg, and without the ac running it got 27 for 1 tank. At 75 mph it is turning 2200 rpm, that 6th gear being .62 really helps out.
I learned that boost is fun!!!!!!!!
I learned that as nice as the car looked to me in pictures-it was even nicer when I finally got to see it in person.
It's wierd right now-I almost feel like I am borrowing the car from Mike. I felt guilty about how bad it looked when I got home so the first thing I did was to wash & wax & detail the engine comp. I think I need to do a few simple mods just so I can feel like there is a part of me invested in it (besides the money).
I had talked to Mike about the possibility of doing deep dish rears, that may happen if I can find a brand that will match the color. I may do a shifter even though it has a pro5.0. Mike suggested the MGW. I had envisioned doing an exhaust but I think after driving it home I need to hear a few systems in person before I change that. What's on the car sounds very nice and is the best combo for the blower as had been discussed in Mikes for sale thread.
Most of all I learned that Mike Raburn is a stand up guy and a true class act. He spent a lot of time with me going over everything that he could think of that is, was, or may become an issue with #0005. He is genuinely going to miss the car, but his pain will be eased a bit by the arrival soon of his GT-500. It is a one of a kind car that will help him get over #0005 pretty well I'd imagine.
Doing long distance car deals is an iffy thing sometimes-I hope that anybody else here who buys a car sight unseen is as fortunate as I was to have a reputable and honest seller who goes above and beyond just turning over the keys.
Anyway-I think I'm rambling now because I dont even remember what this thread started out as. Here are a few pics since I got her home...When I am back amongst the living I'll post more.
Also-I know I joked about it a long time ago but now I really do want to change my screen name. If one of the mods sees this thread could you pm me and let me know what I need to do? Thanks....John

This was before I cleaned the car, it was much worse than the picture shows...

After wash & wax in garage rear view-sorry William-only car...My wife would beat my aXX!!!!lol

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I love road trips, but I think that one would be a little more than I would want to handle in one sitting :D How many miles total was it?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
badass!!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It ended up being 1325 miles door to door. Took about 21 total hours-probably 18 or so driving time. It was made worse by having to get up early that morning to fly down there. Otherwise I think it would have been okay....John

Oh yeah-I was hoping I'd have a sighting along the way-I came up 85 to 77 to 81 to 84. Saw lots of nice GT's but no Bullitts.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
John,
Congrats on getting such a great car. I'm sure you'll get many more hours of enjoyment driving it. And not 21 hrs at one sitting! :lol:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Your next long trip will have to be to Florida for one of the many Mustang shows here. Bonney Eagle is nice, but it only comes once a year!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KevTrish said:
Your next long trip will have to be to Florida for one of the many Mustang shows here. Bonney Eagle is nice, but it only comes once a year!
And that once a year is almost always a rainy day....This year was again. I didn't go as I had other things on my mind....John

·
Registered
899 Posts
Congrats and welcome to ownership!!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Now that my friends is a true Bullitthead! Welcome and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
looks good in the driveway / garage doesnt it? lol congrats and welcome....... where in maine to you hail from?
use to know some folks in sanford and skowhegan

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the responses everybody. I just woke up from my coma a few minutes ago (11:15am). Today I am going to change the fluids & see if I missed anything yesterday when detailing. I can't register the car until the title comes so it's going to have to sit in my garage for a bit. We may take a few local cruises....

where in maine to you hail from?
use to know some folks in sanford and skowhegan
Texasbullitt-I am in Biddeford-Southern Maine. I have family in Sanford. It's about 30 miles from us.

Vicki-Thanks for the pm. I will follow up on that today. I waited because I really wanted to think about the new name and wasn't really running on all cylinders yesterday.

Thanks again for the responses.....John-Proud new member of Bullitt Nation :cool:

·
Registered
269 Posts
John - who called it? This guy! Glad to hear you got 0005 home safe and sound. Once the bullitt bonds with you initally, it becomes part of you. You should look forward to many a day in the sun with the b; she'll treat you good. I just gotta ask whats been done to the engine? Lets see some pics!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Well congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club. Sounds like it was a good drive. Enjoy !!

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
John, many congratulations regarding your purchase and good to hear that you made it home! :)

Collin

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!! I'm surprised you didn't see me around. I was all over hell in creation this weekend in the Bullitt.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts