Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed and waxed the 98GT (see pics) after stopping by a car show in town where I talked with a guy who was showing his Azure Blue Mach. He works at a brake shop in town and has a shop at his house where he does work on the side. Got to talking with him about mods for the 98GT such as pullies, bigger intake, X-pipe, hi flow cats, etc. The only mods I have made on it are 373 gears and flowmasters. I have kept it orginal because I thought I might sell it sometime but I have pretty much given up on that idea as I know I can't get what I think it is worth. It is near perfect with only 48K on the clock. Only downside of the car is that it is an AT but I still really enjoy driving it. Any suggestions on mods? BTW that is the original paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
hmmm, want suggesting for mods do you???

will a 427 Cammer fit under the hood? That would definately make it a one of a kind...

seriously, why not just stick with the tried and true? Upgrade the suspension to improve handling, install a set of Shorty headers along with a good quality cat-back, and see about a few upgrades to the tranny to improve the shift quality. All the above should dramatically improve the performance but not detract from the showroom look :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw some short tube headers the guy did on an 07 orange GT and they looked great. I will check to see what is cost for installing them would be. The tranny is an automatic (the only real downside of the car). I have heard of guys installing a quick shift kit on automatics but also heard that is rough on the life of the transmission. Don't know if that is true.

·
Registered
670 Posts
How about a CAI and tune, 75mm throttle body and underdrive pullys. I did this on my 02 GT and it made quite a difference. I kept all the factory parts, and gave them to the guy I sold the car to.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is what I am planning? Any feedback

Magnaflow X pipe with 2 high flow cats
Cold Air Intake System by BBK polished Aluminum
Accufab Throttle Body (70mm) and Plenum
H and R Springs (drop front 1.75 inches and back 1.5 inches)

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
That sounds good. That's a non PI motor in that car so some of the mods won't produce as much affect as a PI motor, but still will help enough for you to tell. The 70 MM TB and Plenum with the CAI will give it a lot better responsiveness.

If I am not mistaken, a Diablsport, Superships tuner etc will work on it and you can up the line pressure on the tranny to give much firmer faster shifts and you will like that as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts