Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Comp XE262AH. A good performance increase while still keeping good low end torque. Great cam for my 3.73 gear. The Kook's headers would make the most of it,along with the recent JLT CAI.
Another Bullitt project challenge. Did the header install,myself, and survived that!
Did the gear install and +1 on that.
I'll keep talking myself into it!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BULLITT3230 said:
oh c'mon!
you KNOW a cam swap is a piece of cake for one with your skills!
Who you kidding? Just do it already! LOL
Yeah,But I'm concerned with my old cranky fingers getting at those small valve locks,in that tight valve spring pocket,with engine in car,while changing out the required valve springs. But then I can afford to change one spring per day! Have nothing else to do!

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
I really want to do that too. Too bad we aren't closer, we could get together and do one and then the other.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it wouldn't hurt to pull a cam cover,just for a little look around....would it?
Yep,Florida is a bit of a trip.

Maybe,the first thing I need is a good shop manual on this deal. I've been needing one for the Bullitt for a long time.
Oh oh......here we go again!!

·
Premium Member
12,937 Posts
I would think that pulling the covers will be the hardest part of the job...those are a pain in the A$$. After that, a compressor, basic tools....heck.....you should have all the springs done in a day! ;)

you know you want to do it Larry! C'mon...how much coaxing do you really need?

3230 sounded DAMN FINE with her cams loping.....

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I know it's expensive, but.....

Get the heads P&P and do the cam swap at the same time. Get a dyno tune and call it DONE!

My recommendation: Modular Powerhouse Stage 2.5 heads with VT stage I cams (or stage II if you would prefer).

Have Modular Powerhouse install the cams and mail you the whole package (heads & cams). You received them. Bolt them on, then go get a dyno tune to maximize it all...... and call it DONE.

Expensive, yup. However I really think you'd be happy when it was all done.

........... just my .02

·
Registered
190 Posts
For the money to port and polish heads with cam install you have as much invested as you would a blower, and the blower would give you twice the hp gains!

·
Registered
368 Posts
However,
By doing the Heads/Cams the Engine looks stock and keeps to the BULLITT Heritage.

Just MY $.02

(P.S. This is my first post back after a 4.5yr stent away from IMBOC....it's good to be back!)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
00crstlwhtgt said:
For the money to port and polish heads with cam install you have as much invested as you would a blower, and the blower would give you twice the hp gains!

Absolutely true! However, Larry does NOT like blowers!!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well,my accountant,will not give the OK,on such a big investment on the cam swap.
However,while looking things over,something in the 4.6 valvetrain, has gotten my Machining wheels turning,in my head! I can't believe none of the BIG cam makers have thought of this!!
I will be doing some work to see if this idea will technically function. If it does,this could be HUGE!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts