·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure the McQueen family has their reasons, but what is the big deal here? It's not like somebody is using Steve McQueens image to sell cheeseburgers or vacuum cleaners. The Bullitt is basically a tribute to Steve. I don't get why they aren't behind this 100%. Obviously, my opinion.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Yea that was the best commercial yet, IMO. :clap:

No tellin' how Ford will advertise the BULLITT but I do think they should do a commercial where they show the image of Lt. Frank's BULLITT in the rear view mirror of the Dodge, then cut to the present and show the 2008 with it's beautiful grille in a rear view mirror (maybe even to start the commercial) ... ???

I think that would be too cool ... :-D

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
the 2008 with it's beautiful grille in a rear view mirror
I personally see NOTHING "Beautiful" about the grille. Looks like they went to the hardware store and bought a bunch of chicken wire. Then when they got back they realized they had to put a backing plate in there so the wire would not fold in at high speed!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I respect your opinion but I was merely relating it to the image of the grille on the 68 appearing in the crook's mirror in the movie right before the chase started. :smile:

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
The problem isn't with the McQueen Family trust. WB and the family jointly own the name. So you have two different companies to deal with. I asked the marketing question and they are going to do about what they did for the 01.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I either don't remember or perhaps wasn't paying that much attention when the 01 came out(to young to think about getting a car) what was the marketing strategy then??

·
Registered
570 Posts
The McQ's are doing something right....

Just read where Steve's income to the family is #10 among all deceased "stars" out there. Elvis was worth about 49M this past year, McQueen at #10 was either $6 or 7M.

Pretty cool if you think about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts