Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting this here, at least until Tuesday.. maybe longer, as a place for Bullittheads to chat and express their thoughts and emotions about what happened on Tuesday, 9/11/01, A day which will NEVER be forgotten. I moved some of the relevant topics into this area, and locked them as a reminder of what we felt and experienced on Tuesday.

I do want to set some direction here:

This is not a forum for "Foreigner-bashing" (Terrorists did this, not a race or a culture).

I won't let the site turn into a political platform. This isn't about how the GOP or Dems would handle this, or how Gore/Bush/Clinton/Cheney would have sucked/done better/blah. Not everyone on this site is a GOP or Dem or whatnot, but we are ALL americans (USA and Canada) and ALL free.

We must all stand together during this time of great crisis. Please keep this in mind.

Bman
(Who's heart still hurts, almost more than he can bear)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt on 2001-09-14 08:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
its a time of sorrow ,pain, and grief, but it is also a time of pride in our fellow Americans,,, the cops, the firemen, the construction workers, the emt's...everyone thats pitched in to help, whether giving blood, raising money, moving dirt and concrete ..whatever... all Americans ,black/white/male/female/folks of all religions .., all coming togther, putting aside their petty differences aside for the time being to do what we as Americans do best... overcome odds and adversity. and we will again.....
please everyone continue to pray, to care, to give blood, to show your love for those around you... we are Americans we WILL persevere... and God help those that have done this to us...

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have watched all this terrible event while away from home. In dealing with trying to get a flight back home, I am continually struck by the attitude of everyone I have met or interfaced with this week. No one has made a single complaint, uttered a discouraging word nor failed to offer a helping hand at every turn.

We are one united.... We will survive....

America has only begun to fight.

Brian

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just a word from a Canadian here- I want all Americans to know that I have yet to talk to or hear of a Canadian who is not as upset, sickened, and angry over this as probably you all are. I was happy to see the NATO alliance jointly condemn this attack. As a result, Canada will be able to play a role to help find and punish/destroy those who did this, in whatever capacity President Bush deems necessary.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just a quick note to express my immense pride in almost all of our citizens who have banded together as one people. I think Americans shine in times of trouble, it is just unfortunate that sometimes it takes such a tragic event to make us realize how fortunate we are to live in a country with so many liberties and so many truly wonderful citizens. Also, the acts of those people who are participating in the rescue efforts and others who are doing whatever they can to help (both blood and financial donations) deserves accolade beyond which I can express. I know that all of our thoughts and hopes go out to those who are suffering so horribly. It is likely that most everyone knows someone who was directly effected by this tragedy and I hope that our country can continue and build upon this new found solidarity that has arisen. I know this was to be a short note, but when I start on this topic, it always turns into a great outpour. Let me just close in saying, that today, more than any other time in my life, I am so proud to be an American.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Never in my lifetime have I seen a coming together of our leaders and our society.In a terrible way it has made me more them ever proud to be an American. These individuals are so stupid as to think that a society as ours can be brought down by whatever acts they can do. We MUST STAY FOCUSED for the long haul , not only to punish those responsible but to understand how these terrible acts can be possible.
R J

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullittman on 2001-09-15 17:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullittman on 2001-09-15 17:01 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts