Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1971 Z-28. Non matching numbers, 350 with AFR 180 heads, XE268H cam, performer nitrous system (fun!), TKO-600 trans, Richmond 3.73 gears blah blah. I'll miss the car but only until I sit in #0005 the first time...John R

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Just kidding around!

:py1:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PY said:
Just kidding around!

:py1:
No offense taken-it's true that Camaros are mullet mobiles! This is a portion of the email I sent to MRaburn when I originally started to talk to him about buying #0005

I must admit that my background is not in Ford products, most of the> vehicles I have owned/restored have been bowtie. I still have a passion for> old Chevies (and all muscle cars) but have come to the realization that> newer EFI cars offer so much upside in terms of streetable performance and> fuel economy that I must take a serious look at them. I do not now nor do I> ever plan on having a mullet so any late model LS1 or LS2 powered Chevy is> out of the question. I just am not a fan of the later Camaro/Firebird> scene. It seems like the Mustang crowd is a bit more mature & refined and> this is evident from the reading I have done on several Mustang websites,> including yours.

You see, I recognized my shortcomings and corrected them, well at least one of them...lol:lol:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
awesome words there!

enjoy 0005!!!
these cars as just amazingly good fun times
they handle, go, are reliable, and comfy compared to the old breatheren..

however, there is just something about the old rides that are just unbeatable.
I really miss having my 66 Fastback on teh road.... one of these years it'll be back :D

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ezekial said:
awesome words there!

enjoy 0005!!!
these cars as just amazingly good fun times
they handle, go, are reliable, and comfy compared to the old breatheren..

however, there is just something about the old rides that are just unbeatable.
I really miss having my 66 Fastback on teh road.... one of these years it'll be back :D
Thanks Ezekial, there definately is something about the old cars that will always hold my interest, but from a practical standpoint they cant' touch our Bullitts. (Listen to me talking like I already have #0005 lol)
There may come a day when I can take the time to do another resto, but I just didn't have the energy to spend another 2 years in the garage and $20,000 and end up with a car that gets 10mpg and is just not that much fun in 90 degree humid weather.....John R
:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts