1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
20,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
370 Posts
Man.. that was great! Those were the days alright. Much simpler, but sooooo badassed. Times have really changed, huh... :(

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Dragon, That was cool - just like I remember.

But he have to see these kids at the NMRA and Fun Ford Weekend Drags - they put on a greaty show.

I'll be at the Orlando event this Sunday - drop by.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Thanks for sharing that is very cool.
When the term "stock" was really part of Pro Stock, miss those days, even thou I was pretty young I got to see a few match races here in the N/W. Garlits, Tommy Ivo, shirley, jungle jim, landy, grumpy, prodhumme, Mickey Thompson 2 car Mustang funny car drag team... very cool memories.......

Got to relive some of them at the Garlits museum 5 years ago..

·
Car Whisperer
20,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FCMCBULLITT said:
Dragon, That was cool - just like I remember.

But he have to see these kids at the NMRA and Fun Ford Weekend Drags - they put on a greaty show.

I'll be at the Orlando event this Sunday - drop by.
Thanx for the invite, but weather doesn't look good and it's a long ride to just stop by for awhile. I will wait for the Fantasy of Flight one in April and look forward to seeing everyone then. Have fun!!!!!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I like the obvious lack of safety equipment for the track personnel. I probably built models of most of those cars and I wish I still had them. A friend of mine used to race a '56 Chevy he had built and he would tow it with a matching '66 Chevelle. This was back in 1969. I was 12. His mechanic and I would ride in the '56 to the track. It was cool and probably some of the best times of my life. Thanks for posting that link!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts