Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw parts of this documentary on BBC when I was in the UK last week. I really doubt it will ever make it to American television as this does not meet the common conceptions of the dominating media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttV2C6B8pU

When I say parts my time was very limited as between the work time that we were doing and the non working hours were spent in the pubs enjoying some excellent Ales in England and some fantastic scotch up in Scotland. We did works for 3 day but had 4 free days to tour a few distillaries and drink some really good scotch. So I really had very little time for TV but I saw a few clips of this documentary and then found it on You Tube, very interesting.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
It's a good show, but spends too much time talking about what they're going to talk about and too little time talking about it.

They leave out just as much important info as Gore does. Neither is the end all be all of climate resources, but both contain interesting information.

To me, there's two important factors here.
1. The BBC show hits on this one, that the green movement is about the only industry the US has that is growing.
2. Oil is past peak and will be gone or out of most people's price range within 10 years. The green movement's agenda is to be more fuel efficient in all aspects of life, eat locally, etc. All of this helps one to prepare for the looming crisis. This was considered laughable science two years ago, and now is almost universally accepted as truth. Notice BP's logo is the sun. Kinda odd for an oil company. Chevon's ads recently have taken the turn to "we're out of oil, so work with us on the future..."
Whether CO2 and temp are linked or not is irrelevant, and the impact cars have on that math one way or the other is meaningless is no one can drive to work (if they even have jobs), there is no gas to heat your home, no food on the shelves...you get the picture.
Many of the steps being taken are preparatory as I see it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts