Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must be the wildest mufflers,from the factory,ever put on a Musclecar!!!! With a 2 1/2 inch MAC off road H-pipe,these things really rumble. Maybe one day I will get my hands on one,to open up,and see what's inside......Probably not much!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-11-12 19:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-11-12 19:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
835 Posts
Someone posted while cleaning a stuck plastic bag from his/her exhaust that they discovered vent holes aimed straight at the ground. Definitely explains the lovely exhaust note inside the cabin. I also like the way it reverberates from overpasses - great entertainment with the windows down.

·
Registered
204 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-12 19:04, Mus408 wrote:
Must be the wildest mufflers,from the factory,ever put on a Musclecar!!!! With a 2 1/2 inch MAC off road H-pipe,these things really rumble. Maybe one day I will get my hands on one,to open up,and see what's inside......Probably not much!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Hey Mus408, how'd the install go? How long did it take you to put the H-Pipe on? I remember reading one of your previous posts about the install, but did you have to make or do anything special for the install? Is our stock exhaust 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" and how did the H-Pipe match up with it? Finally, did you change the cats or leave the stock on?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kurt,I used the MAC Off Road H-pipe. It is made of 2 1/2 tube. It fit right on with no trouble. I did use a better gasket on the right side,than the one they send. This was the uncoated,aluminized Econo pipe.Hooked up the MILs to temporarily fool the computer. PHP,claims the correct way is to send the chip,I already had,in for a correct reflash. This,according to Paul,will enable the computer to monitor things correctly,and give a few more HP. When this is done I will do a Dyno test,with and without the chip. Also,the Bullitt exhaust is 2 1/4 dia.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-11-13 17:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
151 Posts
It is awesome sound for a factory muffler isn't it? Man does it grab attenntion! :-B

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Took 1007 to the dyno the other night the other club members loved the Bullitt sound and spinning the tires on the power shifts.... They really freaked at what it sounded like at 147MPH and 5900RPM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts