Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone yet been assigned a VIN? According to a post on TMS forums, at least one has been in the NW.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Haven't heard I'll call my dealer tomorrow.... This just like in 2001

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I think they assign a vin once the vehicle is actually in production. That means it will be completed in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
RCSignals said:
Has anyone yet been assigned a VIN? According to a post on TMS forums, at least one has been in the NW.
I talked with Leo Hillyer last week owner of Hillyer's Ford in Woodburn, OR he indicated he was ordering a Black Bullitt for stock.

OT-
They also have a 2001 #962 DHG w/7k miles 1 owner they took in for a Shelby GT a few months ago. asking 19k

·
Registered
7 Posts
After the dealer submitts the order and the order comes back clean, it will be assigned a partial vin# that corresponds to that vehicle line and pkg. When the car is scheduled for production line, it will be assigned a full vin#. Right now they are set to start scheduling on December 3rd.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Including texasbullitt I've heard of three so far. Any more?

My order was placed and accepted before the order banks officially opened for job 2 but as of yet still no VIN issued. Not sure what the zone rep is up to with it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Dealer wants me to tell them what options I want and when it comes in I get first crack unless I don't like it. They wanted to know what I would pay, I said X-Plan
at the most. We'll see.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far it looks like, at least the impression I've been given, is the orders that are being accepted are the pre-sold retail orders, not the dealer stock orders.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
FordFan said:
I talked with Leo Hillyer last week owner of Hillyer's Ford in Woodburn, OR he indicated he was ordering a Black Bullitt for stock.

OT-
They also have a 2001 #962 DHG w/7k miles 1 owner they took in for a Shelby GT a few months ago. asking 19k

I paid considerably less than that for mine 18 months ago. It too was low miles, or was. I am working at changing that problem however, and should have it remedied in another ten or so years.:lol:

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like up to 5 have now been reported.

I ordered 27 or 28 Oct, and that order was confirmed, but still no VIN.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ordered my 2008 Bullitt on Nov. 8th. The order was pulled Friday. I have my VIN number,Looks like it will be built right around the first of the year.

I see where Ford has pulled any special financing and Rebates on the Bullitt as of Dec. 1. At least here in the Washington District.

Mike.......

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm dying to see when mine will be built. I'm almost on Christmas break, just another couple weeks. I'm thinking I'll have the Bullitt before I have to come back. :)

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
My local small-town Ford dealer told me today that an HG Bullitt is expected to arrive in January. This is the dealer that has three Shelby GTs on the lot for 6 months now and one GT500 sitting in the showroom priced at 57K. Apparently no buyers in sight.

He tells me that the dealership owner has not yet decided if there will be an ADM.

Will they everr learn? (nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts