Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of seat of the pants improvement would there be from going from the stock 3.27's to 3.73's or 4.10's....decrease in mpg? and what about top end?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I went to buy 3.73's but got excited and walked out with 4.10's. Unfortunately they are sitting in my trunk so I don't know how they will work. I need to find someone to install them. The dealers around here refuse to do it.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
BC, I had a hard time trying to find someone to install them also. Finally went to one of the differential shops in town and they had it done in two hours and well UNDER their price quote..."your car's is so new and clean the job was made much easier"...How's THAT for service? They charged me $250 to install the gears and alum. driveshaft.

The first diff. shop wouldn't touch anything unless THEY ordered the parts. The first Ford dealer's service lines were always too busy...on hold forever. The second Ford dealer wanted to charge me $500 for the labor alone!

I love the 3.73's for the driving I do (mostly city, aggressive when safe, but no racing). 4.10's would've been over the top for me. I got the DenseCharger and Autologic chip to help with the top end. A good combo I think.

Black #5578 born Wed., 8-22-01
Steeda Tri-Ax,DenseCharger100mm,MGW satin,Ford Rcng 3.73's & Alum. Driveshft,rear mudguards,30mm H&R spacers on rear

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dennis on 2001-10-24 19:02 ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts