Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Who among us has done the GT500 front brake upgrade? Looks pretty simple and certainly is bigger but I wonder about actual street or track performance improvements and/or unsprung weight issues. BTW, I'm loving the GT500 takeoff wheels that I got....but let me tell you, they are heavier than stock and the ride is certainly stiffer and less lively now. I'm hoping Sam Strano's Koni shocks will mitigate this somewhat.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't have the GT500 brakes yet, but will definintely be getting them. Best bang for the buck on brakes. Have the GT500 takeoff wheels myself. Hope to have some lightweight forged wheels one day, but getting that nice fat rubber on the car is a good tradeoff for the heavier wheels...I like the look as well!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Does the GT500 have a different brake bias then the Bullitt? It seems a little more to the rear would help some, IDK. I have slid the front wheels but never the back at all.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I put on the big front brakes from the GT 500 and 13" disks from Steeda on the rear with the factory calipers, good balance shorter stops, of course the tires are bigger too.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
CVA said:
I put on the big front brakes from the GT 500 and 13" disks from Steeda on the rear with the factory calipers, good balance shorter stops, of course the tires are bigger too.
Doesn't all that year round snow keep your stopping distances long?...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
No bias change when running the GT500 brakes, when doing the upgrade on a standard GT the rear pads are normal replaced with GT500 but in this case the Bullitt maybe using the same rears as the GT500's. Someone may want to check into that.

BTW there seems to be several GT500 take-offs poping up from the guys that are upgrading there Shelby's to KR brakes or to a Super Snake.

=-==-=-=-=-

·
Registered
156 Posts
Silverback said:
Doesn't all that year round snow keep your stopping distances long?...
I got stuck in my driveway 5 feet from the garge to get the picture when I put them on. In that case brakes don't matter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts