Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

thoughts

8K views 119 replies 57 participants last post by  kfengler 
#1 ·
ok so what is everyones thoughts on the new bullitt?

#2 ·
At first disappointed. Later it has grown on me and I have begun to like it.

Still needs an original & better set of wheels, turn signal hood, and red brake calipers (and an upgrade in general besides just pads).

Other than that, it's pretty much perfect!

#3 · (Edited)
I've got three things to do.

1. Pay off 1152.

2. Pay off home.

3. Buy my wife a new/newer car and pay it off.

4. Buy the 08.5 Bullitt.

Oh! Bullitt makes four.

I've got four things to do...

I am not in love with the red calipers of the 01, but it does denote the Bullittness of the car. Yet with the color of the wheel being what it is, and that's a good color IMHO, the caliper matching the wheel is not a bad thing. It's just a sign that the red caliper need to be painted on by you if you really must have them red. I don't care. I am inside driving the darn thing. And everything that I can see from inside the car says Bullitt, except it does not have the vented hood. And when I buy the 08.5 Bullitt, if that bothers me enough, that is something that I will address at that time.

It is understated just like a Bullitt should be. People should see that car on the road and not be set off by lots of bling. Bullitts are all about subtle after all. Not to be seen. Just effective.

#6 ·
I posted in another thread, but this seems at home here....

I don't mean to sound like a negative ass, but as someone who has been waiting for years to see this car I find it exteremly underwhelming. While there are some aspects about it I like (rims, strut tower brace/id plaque, exhaust), as a whole the package seems an afterthought and a bit cheap/tacky. I don't know, maybe I just need to see and hear the car up close and personal, but as of now I feel it severely lacks the soul and allure that the 2001 has.

After observing the side-by-side pics, it's obvious which Bullitt is much better looking......

#7 ·
kaylan1521 said:
Having seen, sat in, heard this car in person I would suggest giving it the benefit of the doubt until you can see it in person as well. It is the best sounding stock exhaust I've heard on a Mustang...period. The dash does not have the T/A look to it in person
What is the difference in sound of the stock 08 to the sound of the stock 01 exhaust?

#9 ·
Ezekial said:
At first disappointed. Later it has grown on me and I have begun to like it.

Still needs an original & better set of wheels, turn signal hood, and red brake calipers (and an upgrade in general besides just pads).

Other than that, it's pretty much perfect!
x2!!!

I also ike the chrome trim. I will be getting one in the next couple of years.

#16 ·
can we x-plan? I'd really like to see it up close and drive it, or at least see video in action with sound. Any vids yet?

#17 ·
DHG #1078 said:
ok so what is everyones thoughts on the new bullitt?
I think its pretty cool. I really want to see it in person. There is 2 things, the color, is that dhg or just hg because from the pics it looks just like dhg? And the plaque on the strut tower brace, the plaque is great, better then our stickers but I think they should have rivited it to the body under the hood it looks like a thin metal plate. But I guess the people could take it out and get a regular one so it will not get ruined over time. They had to put a second one somewere on the car maybe that one is under the rear seat. I like how they put the vin on it also. Did I mention I really want to see and drive one. Wonder how much?

#18 ·
When I first saw the 01 concept, I knew I had to have one. I got one.

When I saw the GT-500 concept, I knew I had to have one. I got one.

When I saw the 08 Bullitt, I knew I could wait.

It just doesn't grab me....yet

#19 ·
Mus408 said:
I know the sound you are talking about!!
Cam calls it a 'Burble' when you back off. Also, IMO, the exhaust seems to have a lower bass tone to it, like a big block engine. This is the type of exhaust you can hear a couple of hundred yards away. Not like a loud aftermarket, but pretty loud for an OE exhaust system. Without the driver getting on it, we could hear the car exhaust when the car was leaving the impound yard at AAI. We were at least 100 yards (gap wedge ;)) away.

#20 ·
Saw a video of the '08 driving on an expressway on a local news station last night. Didn't do anything for me. It looked like a V6 Mustang driving down the road. A very "plain Jane" car IMHO.

I dislike the interior dash and steering wheel (can you say "Trans Am" as someone else pointed out?) - too much interior bling for my taste. Unfortunately, like our '01s, everyone will forget about this version as well. And when the Camaro and Challenger arrive, well....

I hope MRT and Scott can help the '08 buyers with appropriate aftermarket products.

#21 · (Edited)
After seeing the pics of the 2008 Bullitt and reading the experiences of those individuals that have encountered the car first hand, I am starting to get the strange behavior(s) of when I first encountered the 2001 Bullitt...slamming head on blunt objects, rolling around in dirt, drinking gasoline, etc. I really like the new Bullitt...especially since it looks so much more like the '68 (imho) and has an understated appearance. The only thing I don't like regarding the 2008 is the Bullitt emblem on the steering wheel...but that's really small potatoes. If I didn't currently own a 2001 Bullitt and could afford it, I would purchase the 2008. Can't wait to experience the 2008 in person.

:py2:

#24 ·
When I first saw the car, I too was felt let down.

Then I looked at the '01.

Then I watched the chase on my 61" HDTV.

Then I saw this picture:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0801_2008_ford_mustang_bullitt/photo_01.html

I still don't like the dash (too Smokey and the Bandit T/A for me) but the car
made the list and I'll get one. The real question is whether I wait on the Mini now
and get a used B later or order a new B and wait on the Mini.

#25 ·
Why didn't Ford paint the panel between the tail lights black?

#26 ·
I like the '01's appearance better. I like the overall '08 s197 platform and drive train better. If I were to buy one, which I'm not because I love my convertible, I would have rear quarter window louvres added. It's better than I expected but less than it should have been. It's ok. I don't agree with Motor Trend that it will sell out like the '01 but I hope it does. I will withold my final answer until I actually see one close. I don't like the dash either. My Mustang has blacked out inserts around the air vents. It's optional with the upgraded interior . I never liked the aluminum inserts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.