Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anyone knew which one worked out nicer. The twin 62mm or 65mm, i was told the 65 might not be the best because there is a limit of air you want forced into the motor, and i only have a xpipe and a catback for it to flow out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I personally have the twin 62mm but I feel like im needing a tune due to the added air, other than it being cold, the car runs great! Never drove it with the stock throttle body so im not sure how much better it is or anything but I like it!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright cool man, i was planning on getting some ford racing shorty headers and one of those two throttlebodies and getting it tuned

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Does the GT500 throttle body adapt to our CAI specs? I am shopping this one -

Granatelli Motor Sports Twin 62mm Shelby GT500 Throttle Body for the GT500 and the 2005+ GT Mustangs is a direct fit OEM replacement bolt-on that instantaneously improves both horsepower and throttle response.

Sorry, meant to post this on 08/09. Happy to get a reply from anyone though, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
neither, waste of money on an n/a set-up

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I just bought a BBK 62mm. I placed a low bid on ebay and ended up winning it. I have since found out that a new TB really does not do much for you... :grumpy: But hey, at least I got a good deal on it! Also, the guy at the speed shop said shorty headers are not much of a help either. Everyone always seems to agree that you cant go wrong with long tubes.

Until recently, I just polished my car and drove it on nice days. For the past couple months I've been reading up on different modifications and trying to make up my mind what type performance mods to spend my money on... :-? :-? :-?

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
^^^ thats the key, do alot of research....theres so many mods like this that everyone does, so everyone else does them too, but they really are a waste of money for what you get out of it. another example of this is UD pullies

·
Registered
27 Posts
TheCat033 said:
^^^ thats the key, do alot of research....theres so many mods like this that everyone does, so everyone else does them too, but they really are a waste of money for what you get out of it. another example of this is UD pullies
So what whould be considered useful. I'm pretty much stuck on what to do next...

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Chris01Bullitt said:
So what whould be considered useful. I'm pretty much stuck on what to do next...
depends on what you want out of your car and what you can afford

·
Registered
27 Posts
i wanna make it fast! eventually I want to S/C it but that takes $$ I dont have. Mainly anything cheap around a few hundred is fine.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Sounds like you got most of your basic bolt ons. Start saving up for that S/C. :wink:

·
Registered
394 Posts
You could do an alum. drive shaft. I don't think it adds that much power, but it does reduce rotational mass.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
MSC said:
You could do an alum. drive shaft. I don't think it adds that much power, but it does reduce rotational mass.
thats a good point! ds and a loop will be good mods, also maybe build the rear end if you plan on launching her hard....other that that i'd just start saving for that blower if thats what your future goals are

1 - 13 of 13 Posts