Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done installing my mac o/r h-pipe and mil eliminators and I am still throwing a code. Has anyone else had this problem? I have unhooked the battery and let the code reset twice. Its fine until i start driving for about five min, then suddenly throws it. I don't understand why this is happening because I made sure the sensors were hooked up properly and the eliminators hooked inline of the rear o2 sensors. Argh is so frustrating to have this after spending all night installing this pipe :evil:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
What brand MIL aliminators? I installed a Mac O/R X and installed some MIL's I bought off ebay that melted within a month (maybe 6-7 days driving because of the weather at the time). I sent them back and he gave me a new set that did the same. I have Steeda's on now and have for 3 months with no problems. Mine didn't fail as quickly as yours did, but they did fail. MAybe you just need some new MIL eliminators.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ok nevermind I figured it out. Turns out the plugs weren't on there all the way. MAKE sure to push them in until you hear a click, that means theyre locked. I had to trim the alignment tabs on one of the two plugs, which may of had something to do with why is wasent in there all the way. Double check this if you run into the same problem.

itsabullitt - i did buy mine off ebay from some guy in oklahoma that sells nothing but these mil eliminators. BBK has them for like $49 or $59 bucks, and this dude sells em for like $40 shipped. I saved a few bucks going through him...but it sounds like the longeviety of these arent very long. I will follow up this post if i begin to have any problems with these, especially in the comming summer months in 90+ degree weather. As a precaution, I zip tied the plugs to the transmission tailshaft crossmember which will hopefully keep them out of the way of exhaust and transmission heat. We'll see tho...

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I believe it's the same guy I bought mine from. I believe my problem was they aren't very waterproof. They are insulated and all, but I was driving it right around the time we got all the snow last year. And while I didn't drive it in the snow, I did drive it when there was puddles and streets were wet and I noticed when hitting puddles I would get steam from the exhaust and either the heat of the steam melted them or they got wet and shorted out. I melted one completely in half both times and it was usually the one that was the most exposed. I've since driven through the same elements with the steeda's and knock on wood, no problems. I also wanted to save the money but I ended up having to pay shipping to ship the old one's back to the guy, then a month later ended up buying the Steeda's when the second pair failed. Ended up costing me twice as much. Hopefully you get a better experience with them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bullitt890 said:
what code were you getting?
Couldn't tell you. I assume it would have to do with no signal/no voltage coming back from the o2 sensor, since it was unplugged (human error). That fixed it for sure tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts