·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob I think its a done deal for me.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Sweet! If only the cams are installed, does that mean that the car would have to be dynoed and would the engine recalibration that adjusts for the octane in the gas be messed up?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Al I will call Seth at bernspeed and get the skinny

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
cpd0924 said:
BRENSPEED HAS NEW VIDEO OF COMP CAMS THUMPER CAMS. TIGER GET A LOAD OF THIS
I have been (Waiting) on the Video !!!!!!!!!!!!

About the (Thumper Comp Cams) from Brenspeed:

Looking for that radical muscle car idle? Comp Cams has released the 3V modular engine line of rough idle camshafts. The best solution for a mildly modified Mustang is the Thumper cam set by Comp Cams. Not only will you pick up near 25 rwhp but you will also get that very choppy muscle car sound and make more low end power than comparable choppy idle cams. This cam set was designed for a rough idle so if that is what you are looking for you will love these cams. This cam set is a NSR grind meaning you do not need to change the valve springs. Because of the Ford Variable Cam Timing these cams require the use of phaser limiters. You can add the phaser limiters at a discounted price using the drop down box above. Also click on the tab above to read about why phaser limiters are needed when choppy idle cams are used.

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Just talked to Seth here is some info that will help Besides the cam you mist buy the cam phasers. the cam phaser bolts 25.00 And he recomends the delate plate to get full benafit of cams Also the sctx3 progammer. He can tune 87 or 93 octane but you will get better results with the 93. Labor is 460.00 for intall and 105.00 for delate plate Total 565.00 In and out within 6 hours NO springs needed

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Here is how you get to the VIDEO on the New (Thumper) Comp Cams .......

Now you know why I had the Steeda (Billet) delete plates, Steeda UDP (Under Drive Pulleys), Custom 93 Octane tune already done. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Not to forget if you want to really realize the MOST Performance don't forget the (Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft and FRPP 4:10 Gears.

Hey it ALL works together Folks..........

If you want to Listen to the Video of the (Thumper) Comp Cams,
follow these Guide-Lines Below:

Click on Link Below:

http://www.brenspeed.com/127020.html

Then look towards the Bottom of this Page and you will see this:

Description Video Phaser Limiters Product Reviews

CLICK-on-the-word-VIDEO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There you go !!!!!!!!!

Hey Bob, Did I Miss-Lead You, Big Guy :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Terry Just placed order with Seth, has in stock will have brenspeed do install, cant get there for about 2 weeks. what is nice about brenspeed you buy and they serve those items just for you. Terry will keep you informed JOHN

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
cpd0924 said:
Terry Just placed order with Seth, has in stock will have brenspeed do install, cant get there for about 2 weeks. what is nice about brenspeed you buy and they serve those items just for you. Terry will keep you informed JOHN
I will doing the cams in the near future if I can find an installer locally. If not I will wait till next years Bullitt Nationals and go to Brenspeed while going to the Nationals. Also I am VERY interested in drivability issues and fuel mileage with the low octane tune with these cams. Please keep us posted.

Thanks

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
just don't use the exhaust that was on that car... cams sounded good but not the car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I Want IT – So Cool

Thumper Cam
Phase Limiters
Charge Delete Plates (the good ones)
Under Drive Pulleys
Breenspeed SCTX3
Aluminum Driveshaft
2000 mi round trip w/gas 32 hours – 400.00 Gas
Labor, misc & unforeseen expenses - 500.00

EST TOTAL - $5000 to $6000

Divorce PRICELESS

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Sounds damn good - reminds me of my Roadrunner (which had a Comp Cams 280 in the 383 in it).

I got compliments on the sound of that car all the time. It was VERY-LOUD though, you could feel it vibrate the ground when I drove by.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
onefastbob said:
Uhhh, don't understand your comment??!?!?!:confused:
Bob,

Hey Bob, Did I Miss-Lead You, Big Guy !!!!!!!!

You my Friend are so Very-Quick-Wited that I thought (You) would

pick up on that comment "Immediately".

Remember (You) were going to do the FRPP Hot Rod Cams and have your Local

Ford Dealer do the Install.

I said, (Bob), "Don't" go there man, Brenspeed working with Comp Cams is coming out

in the Very-Near-Future with their own (Lopey) Cams.

Then you said I am going to wait !!!!!

So, here on this Post I was just Messing with (You) as we do with one another.

This was kinda like just Joking and Fooling Around with a Pal :smile: :smile: :smile:

YOU...........

Make sense now ???????????

tigerhonaker

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Bob,

You my Friend are so Very-Quick-Wited that I thought (You) would

pick up on that comment "Immediately".

Remember (You) were going to do the FRPP Hot Rod Cams and have your Local

Ford Dealer do the Install.

I said, (Bob), "Don't" go there man, Brenspeed working with Comp Cams is coming out

in the Very-Near-Future with their own (Lopey) Cams.

Then you said I am going to wait !!!!!

So, here on this Post I was just Messing with (You) as we do with one another.

This was kinda like just Joking and Fooling Around with a Pal :smile: :smile: :smile:

YOU...........

Make sense now ???????????

tigerhonaker
Hey, don't mess with me...I am a dangerous weapon. I have NO cams! Haven't decided which ones yet. Waiting to see what drivability concerns and fuel mileage will be like.

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
AC3874 said:
I Want IT – So Cool

Thumper Cam
Phase Limiters
Charge Delete Plates (the good ones)
Under Drive Pulleys
Breenspeed SCTX3
Aluminum Driveshaft
2000 mi round trip w/gas 32 hours – 400.00 Gas
Labor, misc & unforeseen expenses - 500.00

EST TOTAL - $5000 to $6000

Divorce PRICELESS
Those additions won't cost anyway near 5 to 6 Grand?!?!?!

In round numbers

Cams $700
Phase Limiters and Bolts $200
Delete Plates $300
UDP $200
SCTX3 $400
Alum Shaft $800
Gas $400
Labor $600

Grand Total $3600 or there abouts

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Frankenstang said:
just don't use the exhaust that was on that car... cams sounded good but not the car.
I personally will try the (Bullitt Exhaust) as mine is pretty darn LOUD and Pops back while simply coasting down my drive on the way to work.

So, I really like the cams and I just want to see how they Sound with not altering the Bullitt Exhaust (Any) ........

I think you will be able to tell (Immediately) that the cams are Not Stock but in a more Subtle way, not overly Loud.

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
99 Posts
THANKS ALOT - Onefastbob, you sure know how to get to a junky.:wink:

I would think Breenspeed labor would be more. From what I have read here they seem to be very very good. I always like to go to someone that someone else has used.

Don't really have or know anyone around DFW. Don't want to flame the dealerships but I haven't found one I would trust changing a tire, but then I'm a pain in the a**
and pickey on who works on my cars.

Like most, I have to save up for something like that but a under 4K it might be do-able next spring. My wife is still getting over the Bullit (she wanted a new kitchen) that would have cost way more, besides I don't see anything wrong with the one we have. Anyway thanks for the nuge. I can't tell you how much I have learned on this forum. Wonder what the Avg MPG would be with a 3:73 and the 92 oct tune and listed mods would be.

Nice to have some thing to look forward to. - I may record that sound clip and put in on a cd and loop it - then turn the radio up. I just LOVE that sound - guess it's because it sends me back to the 60's - I'm a sick puppy.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts