Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most days this wouldn't be a happy topic, but today I guess it is....

Anybody know what a ticket in Illinois costs if you are going 101 in a 55? I just got my car back yesterday from the shop (looks pretty good) and took it out in the country. The only other vehicle I see is a yukon wearing Sherrif badges =( He is oncoming, kicks his lights on. I just pulled over. The guy said he would have taken me in normally, but I pulled over so he let me go. Still...I have a court date and I'm sure a few hundred to pay. Any thoughts?

The cop said I should have just hit the gas =)

Black #755

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-09-11 17:52 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
You're lucky.. In Illinois anything over 100 is good for instant imprisonment. Do he put a speed on your ticket? If so you may be looking at suspension if you're an Illinois driver. Or.. if you have a realtively clean record the state, city, municipality may let it go with a heavy fine. Funny thing about Illinois.. there is no "Set" fine amounts for speeding. At least there weren't when I got my 40 odd tickets from age 16-22. I had a lot of supervison and many fines.. Mostly ranging from 40-75 dollars. The highest was $150 for 98 in a 55 and traffic school. I (knocking vigorously on anything wood in sight) haven't had another ticket in 8 or so years but the fact that you were let go by the officer could bode well for you. You may get off lucky with only a fine. Especially since it was a sherriff's police that got you and not the state.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-09-11 17:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing no suspension since the court date isn't for a month...it would seem kind of late to me. I can deal with a fine and traffic school. I've got a pretty damn clean record, got a 41 in a 35 about 5 years ago, that's it. I'll just hope the judge is feeling nice. I did pull over when I could have easily run...even the cop said so. /shrug we'll see.

Black #755

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-09-11 17:52 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Don't rule out the possibility. If they're feeling particularly nasty they can suspend your license that day. Or impound your car.. or require a weekend or 2 as a "Guest" of the county. This is.. of course.. worst case. But since you did pull over they should go easy on you in light of that and a clean record. Maybe a little Community service as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-09-11 17:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
98 Posts
About a month ago was doing 110 when I saw him. There he (state trooper) was with his radar gun "shooting me." I've never been clocked over 75 (because I never had a car that handled well over the speed). I just kept driving and hoping. He never came. He must've figured I'd outrun him and there was no point. I don't know, anyway, my heart was pounding until I was sitting in the house, than I was sure: he didn't follow me. I have to add that the other day I was going to work in a particularly bad nieghborhood, so I drove my other car. At 75 mph my other car feels less sure of itself than the Bullitt at 120 (fastest I've gone in it)!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts