Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys here a ticking noise when driving. If I roll up the windows and turn down the radio I can hear a ticking noise. I thought it was the injectors, but the more I think about it maybe it is an exhuast leak.

Another issue I have is when it is real hot out, upper 80's to 90's, my idle will be real high. Even up to 1.5 K at times.

I am trying to gatehr info, becore I take it to the dealership again. Last time I was there for these issues, the y could not find anything. But I do not think they even drove it. So I am going to get the idle surging and pull it in and grab a tech and take a ride.

Thanks for all or any input

Doug

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks.... Do you ahve the idle and the ticking issue.. or just one.. which one??? thanks Doug

Sure is good to have a support group for these issues... hehehe

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have both issues. Hopefully they'll get fixed. It didn't start until about 4500miles, so I don't know. It only happens when it's warmed up too.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ... Please let me know the outcome...

Doug

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just had the same problem with my 98 cobra.
It was a hot day in the upper 90's and I hadn't driven it in about a month. Went about 5 miles on the Interstate and when I exited it wouldn't idle below 1200 RPM. On the way back to the barn it would surge and the check engine light came on. (6 days out of warrantee and only 6000 miles). It ended up being the Idle Control Solenoid. It seems Ford must have heat related problems with it's sensors because my 2001 F250 Diesel would quit stone cold when the underhood temperature would cause the cam position sensor to get warm. No lights on this one and no codes in the computer, so it drove the service people nuts. When it would cool of it would start and run fine, sometimes for the whole day. So much for better living through electronics! (unless you're in the service business).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Granted I've only driven the Bullitt today, it only has 200 miles on it, but when I up-shift the motor does not wind down, so it jumps when I let the clutch out, also it takes a bit for it to idle down at stops, I do not know if this is the same problem or not. As for the ticking I do not have it on the Bullitt, but my Impala has done it from day 1, I've had new rockers, new heads in fact, headers, sparkplug wires, etc, the only thing I came up with is injector noise(or wrist pin? lots of racing, I think a wrist pin would have blown). 65,000 miles, 35,000 with the big cam, rockers, headers, etc. No problems at all, ticks a lot, but no problems!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts